• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The parrots.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
The kakrikis-
Mango
013.jpg

and Fiona.
014.jpg

and their cage.
007.jpg

The Parrotlets- Yogi and Zelda ( Yogi is bald thanks to Zelda's good loving!)
019.jpg

and their cage.
006.jpg

Very nice! I love kaks, wish I could have one someday but they aren't very popular in the US.

No, they don't talk, Fiona is quite wild but Mango it a bit more friendly. They are very curious and have a funny call. The bluebirds ( as we call the parrotlets) are very wild and although small have drawn blood each time I've had to handle them. They are not supposed to be noisy but my two are. They often squabble and then the next minute are snuggled up together again.

The bluebirds were going to be PTS because the owner developed health problems and nobody wanted them because they cannot go in with other birds.
The same owner asked us to take the kakarikis because Mango has a deformed beak and they are both middle aged- 8 years old.

Aha!! Lovely!!!!:love::love::love:
Lovely cages too.Arethey on wheels?? Do you push them out into the sunshine?? Ruby loves to be outthe front of the house,yelling and whistling at folk as they walk by.Shes quite the friendly neighbour!!!.....with a sharp beak!!!

They are on wheels but are quite difficult to push. They were the biggest cages we could find, we're really pleased with them, except that they are not easy to catch the birds in.
We have just bought a second hand consevatory, which is hopefully going to be the parrot room.

Catching a bird is NOT easy....t towel method is last resort.Lucky for me Ruby is in love with my neighbour.Ruby goes to her and Dawn just puts her in the carry box et voila!!!!
Dont envy you!!!!
Rubys cage is also a big thing to push......:roll::roll:

Beautiful birdies! :love:

I love their cages too! I spent ages deciding on the perfect cage for the budgies lol. Have to admit I'd forgotten how messy birds can be though - they're moving into the pet room soon..... :p

Lovely pics! :love:

Back