• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling Very Low (Bun related)

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Its not like me . . . but I am feeling really low. Parsley's huge inner ear abscess is proving totally impossible to treat (please believe me there is nothing we have not tried in terms of treatment) and now we can see it is starting to bulge out of the outside of his face as well - which means soon the time will come when he becomes in pain and ill . . . even though at present he is perfectly happy and tearing around as normal. It is horrible knowing what he does not know . . but then I would not want him to know.

And then I realised that last year my very beloved Teasal started to be ill at this time and died on 13th April 2010 after a short illness.

What with Hawthorn and Viola Rose its been a hard year . . I know others have lost many more but they were very very special buns to us.

Watching Parsley's abscess get bigger every day is heartbreaking. I am not sure how Steve (my OH) will cope when the day comes - he is totally totally totally bonded with him - created Parsley's blog etc.

Just feeling very low. . . which never happens to me ( I guess I should be grateful)

Don't be so hard on yourself, or invaliate and minimise all you've gone through. So what if someone has lost more rabbits, or someone thinks you should be grateful. None of that matters, what matter is that you're feeling low (justifiably, if we're honest about it).

I'm sorry Parsley's abscess is proving a nightmare. I often think about him, but don't want to bother you.

I'm also sorry you're feeling low. Its ok to feel low. I hope it eases soon for you though. Go and get some bunny cuddles for now though.

((((((((((Hugs))))))))))

:cry:

"We who choose to surround ourselves
with lives even more temporary than our
own, live within a fragile circle;
easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps,
we would still live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only
certain immortality, never fully
understanding the necessary plan."

— Irving Townsend

Awww hun you do so much for your buns and they are so loved of course you will feel low after the hard year you have had. Sending you a big hug xx

Poor Parsley :(

this is what happened to our Moses, but we had no idea he had an abscessed tumour inside his ear until the side of his face abscessed over night. It was horrible and by the time we knew about it , it was too late to do anything :(

I am sorry Twigs :( I don't really know what to say. I hope you can find comfort in knowing that because these bunnies ended up with you, their problems are getting the best possible treatment. And that they probably suffer less with their illnesses, than you do watching them. Animals are so good at enjoying the moment and not worrying about the future.

Sending abcess-shrinking vibes for Parsley, and I hope you can enjoy the rest of your time with him x

its understandable and normal that you have low times. you do amazing work with your bunnies.

hugs xxxx

Small furry ownership is full of these moments and I'm sure all of us have had that sinking feeling when we know that we are approaching the point of no return. You have done all you can and now you must just enjoy every single moment with your bunny as unique and tender.

Sadly, for all of us, death is a part of life and your bunny greatly appreciates your company as he makes this journey.

((((((((((Hugs))))))))))

:cry:

"We who choose to surround ourselves
with lives even more temporary than our
own, live within a fragile circle;
easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps,
we would still live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only
certain immortality, never fully
understanding the necessary plan."

— Irving Townsend

How very true this is :cry:. But we wouldn't have it any other way would we? When we love our pets as much as we do, the price we pay is unbelieveable pain when the end is near. Sending you a big hug.

How very true this is :cry:. But we wouldn't have it any other way would we? When we love our pets as much as we do, the price we pay is unbelieveable pain when the end is near.

Its because you care so much that it hurts. Thinking of you.

Aww so sorry hun :cry:

It is truly horrific to be faced with losing a beloved bunny friend. Its totally understandable that you are feeling so low :cry:

Youre coping really well and Parsley is a very lucky bun to be in your care :love:

Trillions of miracle vibes for Parsley xxxxxx

didn't want to read and run
try to enjoy the time you have together- may it be longer than you think.:)

(I guess you have already contacted FHB? but if not, I think I would try her (either via my vet or an email ) in case she knows of any cutting-edge new treatment?.)

sue:wave:

Back