• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

will she drink from a bowl?

lousilverfox

Mama Doe
Ive decided that Milly will benifit from having the whole box room to herself rather then being in her dog crate, but now ive come to the problem of what do i do with her water bottle? no where to hang it:(

Ive put a water bowl in her room hoping that she will no what to do with it, ive been in a few times to check on her and she hasnt touched it.

Any ideas what to do?

Is there a way of hanging her water bottle to the wall?:wave:

You can get things in PAH for bowls that lift them up off the floor (meant for birds I think). my Barney is happy to drink from a bowl but sometimes decides to tip it up. If shes is thirsty I think she will work it out but tipping over is probably a bigger problem.

how about leaving her crate/ a cage in the room and having the bottle in that then she can go inside when she is thirsty?

i have thought about keeping her cage open in the room but the cage takes up a good bit of the space, think she would be happier if it was gone:D

Maybe she just needs a little time to get used to the bowl.
When I first changed over to a bowl (I had the bottle in the shed aswell, with the bowl underneath) they took a while to start using it, but then after giving it a go,actually prefered the bowl.
If you get a heavy ceramic bowl like a large dog one, it is harder to be spilt.

Back