• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What age should a rabbits ears flop?

Different for each bun i believe.

:wave:

Some are born loppy, some do it after a few months etc.

Some have one up one down :roll: Confused!

Mischa was a pet shop bun so was loppy from when I got him. Nutmeg is uppy and Smudge, well Smudge is confused.

But Mini...

3 weeks:
IMGP4416-vi.jpg

IMGP4419-vi.jpg

4 weeks:
IMGP4429-vi.jpg

Mini is in the middle, as you can see her ears are still a bit pointy, Marsh (right) had fully flopped, Mocha (left) was half and half by that point

9 weeks:
IMGP4893-vi.jpg

Full flop!

I only have tiny baby pics of Mini cos, erm, we breed Mischa with my friend's doe :oops: I don't like to advertise it :oops: No baby pics of Nutmeg cos she was adult when she came here. Smudge was just a fluff ball as a baby. Got a few of Mischa.

ETA. This is one of the first pics of Mischa. His ears were already completely lopped. This would've been about 9 weeks old I think.

100_9984-vi.jpg

I can't believe my baby was ever that tiddly!!!

Last edited:
I only have tiny baby pics of Mini cos, erm, we breed Mischa with my friend's doe :oops: I don't like to advertise it :oops: No baby pics of Nutmeg cos she was adult when she came here. Smudge was just a fluff ball as a baby. Got a few of Mischa.

ETA. This is one of the first pics of Mischa. His ears were already completely lopped. This would've been about 9 weeks old I think.

100_9984-vi.jpg

I can't believe my baby was ever that tiddly!!!

ARGH! :love:

So cute :)

Hiya!! Our mini lop had one ear up one floppy when we bought him home 2 weeks ago age 7.5 weeks, his other ear has now flopped few days ago at 8.5 weeks old. Your buns are adorable :D

Pie's didn't lop until about 6 months ago - when she was about 1 1/2 years old. And even now she can't decide what to do with them! :roll: :lol:

Back