• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uh oh... :( help?U/D-He's fine :)

funnybunnyabc

Warren Veteran
Sox isn't drinking. He's eating/pooing but he's not drinking right. He's hardly touched the fresh bottles I put out this morning(like nothing out them), there's no other water he could have been drinking. I just picked him up and put the bottle in his mouth-he didn'ttry to drink any. I squeezed some out(well quite a bit) and he drank it, well didn't spit it out so I'm assuming he drank it. He's not lethargic or anything, running about as normal. I've refilled it again and he's not touched any in 15 mins, the bottle is working fine. I'm going into hospital tomorrow to have an op to fix a hernia in my stomach so I won't be out with him tomorrow at all, and possibley not the next 2 days either. I'm in soo much pain, it actually hurts to walk :oops: so I haven't really gave him much time in the big run in the last few days, could this have anything to do with it? :)oops:)what can I do? He can't pick NOW to get ill! :(
Any spare 'drink for mummy'' vibes going?

Last edited:
Try him with a bowl and perhaps give him some cucumber so he's getting a bit of fluid. It's much cooler today so maybe he just doesn't want any?

Can someone watch him for you while you're in hospital, can you ring the vets and explain so if he needs to go in it can be on credit and you can sort out payment later when you're up to it? Hope everything goes well for both of you. :wave:

Lots of vibes. I very rarely see Spenser drink, but this is normal for him. I hope Sox is OK, and that all goes well with your op.

Try him with a bowl and perhaps give him some cucumber so he's getting a bit of fluid. It's much cooler today so maybe he just doesn't want any?

Can someone watch him for you while you're in hospital, can you ring the vets and explain so if he needs to go in it can be on credit and you can sort out payment later when you're up to it? Hope everything goes well for both of you. :wave:

Thanks everyone,
I've put two bowls in, but he keeps spilling them everywhere, so I'm not sure if he's drinking any.
I don't think we have any cucumber, he won't eat it anyway he don't like it.
My dads watching him, but he won't notice if he suddenly changes in behaviour, and he won't do anything if he does notice:(

Lots of vibes. I very rarely see Spenser drink, but this is normal for him. I hope Sox is OK, and that all goes well with your op.

I usually hear/see Sox drinking alll the time, and have to fill his bottles up about 2-3 times a day. That's why I'm worried. I just squeezed a little more water into his mouth, I dunno if that's going to do any harm?

Thanks for the vibes everyone:) xxxx

He's fine :)

Sox is fine, guess I just panicked when I saw he hadn't drank anything! :oops:
Your vibes worked!! Thank you sooo much!! :love:
If he stops again, I'll deffo take him to the vet.
I dunno what it was, but he's fine now :D

Thanks xxxx

Back