• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you take your bonded buns to the vets together?

Do you take bonded buns to the vet together all the time?

• Yes

Votes: 70 86.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Only take both for long trips or when they both need checking

Votes: 6 7.4%

• Total voters

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
I have always taken Beano and Gordon to the vets together but that has mostly been to get them both checked out, eg when Beano was thought to have ear mites. Beano has an appointment for a vaccination booster tomorrow, think it's VHD, and I'm wondering whether to take Gordon with her because we won't be gone long. Although B needs her claws cutting so I might take Gordon to see if his need doing too. Neither of them like the carrier or travelling and it's a nightmare to get them both in it and stay in it whilst I get the other one and I don't want to stress Gordon un nessercarily but he might be stressed not knowing where B is and she might be more stressed in the car with out him :? I think I will probably take them both but just wondering what do you do? :wave:

Yes usually. Mini and Mischa have never been apart for more than about 15 minutes during nail trims for nearly four years. They panic when parted. Smudge settles more with Nutmeg around. Nutmeg would be the only one I would consider taking on her own.

Last night I took olly along when honey was poorly, they've only been back together about a month. Honey is normally terrified going in the carrier/car, but this time she was 10 times better with olly for company :) I will definitely carry on taking both after seeing the difference last night :)

No, I can't carry them both at once. If one of them had to stay in for any length of time, I would take them both, though.

Yes - i take them both in together.

They are both going tonight for jabs though - boosters. I'm really worried! :oops:

Sort of... Well mine are in a 4 and I plan to take them to the vets with their originally bonded partner as they are closer, on friday. I dont have a big enough carrier for them all.

Yes.

And have done this morning.

B&G are both at the vets, being left there are we speak while Ginger has her dental :(

Yes always, I think it's more stressful for both bunnies to take one bunny without the other when they are a bonded pair, I'd never leave one behind.

i've been thinking about this lately. i have a group of 4 soon to be 5 (fingers crossed) how would i get them all to the vet at the same time? i only have 1 carrier and even though its big i could still only fit 2/3 at the most in it. :?

I usually do, although when Molly was really poorly recently, I didn't. I can't explain why - it just felt 'wrong'. I think I sensed she really wanted to be alone. Once she was home I did move one of the group in to keep her company though.

I took Dylan in on his own last night too. It was just a quick visit and, with hindsight, it probably would have been better taking Sue as well but she stresses out so much in a carrier I didn't want to risk it.

With my group of four I just take two - I couldn't manage all four and don't have a carrier big enough anyway.

Took Sunshine along today with Cutie-pie today as she is having her spay. So he will spend the day with her. He is fine about it, wasn't stressed. She was a nervous wreak so I hope Sunshine will make a real difference to her recovery.

If Mimi needs to go I take Timmy with her for comfort. But if Timmy needs to go I dont bother taking Mimi as she is such a nervous nelly and even catching her is so stressful for her that its not worth it. If Timmy had to stay at the vets for an extended period Id take Mimi in with him though :wave:

Back