• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit run on patio - no grass?

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
I don't have a lawn, just a patio - how do I go about putting a run on it? Are they quite sturdy? The ones I've seen before stick into the grass so they don't get knocked over or anything.

I've love to give my bunnies some outside time in the summer - any tips?

Also, they're lionlops - I'm currently using wood chippings for their bedding but it's everywhere! It sticks in their fur so badly! Are there any alternatives?

Wood chippings/shavings/sawdust is not good to use for them anyway. Have you tried just newspaper and hay? Or megazorb, newspaper and hay.

The run type I have which is panels connected with poles works fine on a patio although is better in grass. I never use it without them being supervised though. The wooden type runs are better for that although a determined fox may still be able to lift it.

Lottie is a lionhead and very hairy, i only use paper and litter trays with wood based litter and hay in the bottom and they have a rug on the shelf.

She still drags loads of hay around in her feet and hair!!:lol::lol:

i have my run on the patio all of the time. it is heavy and the buns can't move it. It is wooden. I used to have a metal one last year and that was fine too on a patio but not as secure as a wooden run.

Back