• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

runny poo!?

ive just been out to check on the buns again, and i noticed some runny poo on the mat, i cleaned it up and checked thumper he was fine but when i checked snow she had runny poo all over her bottom feet hands everything, she had some on her actual bottom too..

ive just brought her in and cleaned as much off as i can without stressing her too much, she seems fine her normal self but i still wanted to ask..

what does it mean? should i be worried? her diet hasnt changed at all, only thing is lately shes had more pellets and the past few days alot of curly kale as its the only thing i could get in...

anyone?..

Sounds as though she has had too many pellets and possibly the Kale has upset her guts too.

Why is she having extra pellets ?

Is she a good hay eater ?

Sounds as though she has had too many pellets and possibly the Kale has upset her guts too.

Why is she having extra pellets ?

Is she a good hay eater ?

she usually has kale with no problem, but she has had more of it the past 2 days, shes only had more pellets as shes now outside so i wanted to make sure she was eating enough as thumpers and quick eater and she eats very slow.
and yes, shes an excellent hay eater.

ive just got ready and got her set to take her to the vets.. do you think its worth taking her down or just to decrease pellets and kale and see how she goes?

she usually has kale with no problem, but she has had more of it the past 2 days, shes only had more pellets as shes now outside so i wanted to make sure she was eating enough as thumpers and quick eater and she eats very slow.
and yes, shes an excellent hay eater.

ive just got ready and got her set to take her to the vets.. do you think its worth taking her down or just to decrease pellets and kale and see how she goes?

If she is eating/drinking and well within herself I would say that it is almost certain that she is having far too many pellets. I would just feed her hay and water for the next 24 hours and hopefully things will settle down.

If she is eating/drinking and well within herself I would say that it is almost certain that she is having far too many pellets. I would just feed her hay and water for the next 24 hours and hopefully things will settle down.

ive just rang the vets as i don't want to take any chances, and they say the same i figured it may be as there was no sign last night or this morning of a running bottom.. but ive made an emergency appointment for 4:40 anyway just to make sure.

yepp, she had just eaten to much last night.
shes fine, eating hay drinking vet gave her and thumper a good look over checked everything
and gave me something called fibreplex? it was £30! but id rather be safe than sorry, back to one egg cup of pellets for her!

I believe kale can be toxic if fed constantly. It is only recommended that it is offered no more than 1-3 times a week.

Back