• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can a neutered doe have a phantom pregnancy??

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
Not sure if it is spring fever in the air but Angel is acting so bizarely at the moment.

Before just two weeks ago there was NO way Angel would go anywhere near under the bed (seemed to scare her for some reason). But last week she decided to go under there and seems to be making some sort of a nest :shock:. She has managed to turn an old sheet into some sort of bed and collected teddies and put them in there! Very weird.

She has also become a lot more boisterous. This is a bunny who would only willingly go near a person to nibble some treats or for a very quick nose rub and that was only from me, nobody else. She will run up to up, nip feet etc... if we are in her way, she used to run the other way or freeze, now she just acts like we are not even there. Although this is great, she has become so much more confident, I am just completely baffled as to why, suddenly after 18 months :shock:

Could it just be spring fever? :?

I think they can. They still get hormonal surges even though their reproductive organs have been removed so I can't think why not. In fact I am sure that's what makes it a phantom and not a real one :?

Back