• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns chewing inside of sheds/playhouses

Becca24

Mama Doe
Hi :wave:

I was wondering how (if at all) you prevented your buns chewing the inside of playhouses or sheds i.e. the baton that runs along the floor around the edge inside, not sure if all have this mind you :?.

Was thinking there could be somthing that could go on it not like a chemical or anything like that but somthing that could be fixed to the baton that wasnt harmful to them but they couldnt chew - any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

This is on my mind too, don't have the answers but have bought a great play chew toy recently ( I have the chewer of all chewers in my Peter) it is a lot of wooden footballs or rugby ball on a chain about a foot long maybe, with two hooks to hang it on, I am going to buy a load of these ( or similar) when I finally finished the wendyhouse, and I'm going to fix them at regular distances onto the chewable bits like supports etc. THey are about £3.99 each, but Peter has had a good go at it, hopefully saving him from finishing off his current hutch. Wonder which team Peter supports!!!!

I have also covered as much as possible in mesh (well the carpenter did) I am going to continue with that when I get a staple gun up and running.

Those metal plaster board things. Im not sure what they are called but if you have a look at the "huge hutch and run" thats in the forsale and wanted section, youll see what i mean :) xx

I bought some stuff called "Chew Stoppa" it stops them for a short time but I have to reapply weekly or more often

insulating your shed would fix your chewing problem and would also keep them warmer in the winter :)

find some suitable sheet material, sandwich some bubble wrap or roof insulation between that and the wall and screw the sheet material in to the upright batons. You should end up with nothing but flat, non chewable surfaces.

Other than that you've already had some good suggestions.:)

Those metal plaster board things. Im not sure what they are called but if you have a look at the "huge hutch and run" thats in the forsale and wanted section, youll see what i mean :) xx

I think this is what I was thinking of so will have a little looksie and see if it is! Thanks :D

insulating your shed would fix your chewing problem and would also keep them warmer in the winter :)

find some suitable sheet material, sandwich some bubble wrap or roof insulation between that and the wall and screw the sheet material in to the upright batons. You should end up with nothing but flat, non chewable surfaces.

Other than that you've already had some good suggestions.:)

:wave:

We did this in the shed at our old house and it worked a treat!

I think he has chewed more since moving and having to go back in the hutch/run combo - am hoping that when he is in the plahouse having a bit more room with the added run etc he will not feel the urge to chew so much but would like to protect it anyway I think. :)

Back