• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carrots from Tesco

We only have Waitrose here.... & getting the same problem.... so perhaps just the time of year :?
Have given up now & using local farm shop :)

I keep mine in the fridge and never had any issues, regardless of which I buy.....lose, market value or a prepacked bag. ;)

Its not helped by the fact that the only place I can keep my veg is in the fridge, I have a small kitchen with limited cupboard space and no larder.

Its the convenience thing, having to make a special trip to a farm shop. :S

I have been getting the Bushy tops ones, normally £1.50 but often with 1/3 off, its great because bunnies love the tops, but all others are a WASTE OF MONEY!

Our ones from Tescos have been okay. I keep them in the fridge. I will check them when buying today though.

It depends on how they are stored at what temps and for how long

I always remove any veg from plastic packaging like carrots or mushrooms

ive been buying mine loose from the local

it is coming to the end of the main season it would be best to buy blanch then freeze, obviously this isny poss for buns

Ours have been fine from Tesco. I store them in the fridge but make sure I rip a big hole in the bag.

The ones in our co op are really naff.

Back