• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Regular Vet Away - Would you...?

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
I think Ginger's brewing for a dental :(

Her hay consumption has dropped considerably, and she's favouring soft foods slightly.

Problem is, regular vet is away until NEXT Monday and im not confident with any other vets anymore :cry:

It's best for her to have the dental ASAP, BUT do i have it done by one of the other vets who admittedly, are not bunny savvy :( :?

I'm so not sure what to do.

You definitely need to get it done before you go away. Is there a vet there you trust on any level?

Eeeek dilemma :?

How is she in herself Gray? Do you have any pain relief that could keep her going until your vets back? (Sorry I know theres a rule about painkillers and Kidney problems but cant remember what it is exactly :oops:)

You definitely need to get it done before you go away. Is there a vet there you trust on any level?

Thats my reasoning for wanting it done ASAP.

There's one vet there, who's seen her before, she seems okay, but think i'd have to ask her a bucket load of questions, which she seems (to me) to be one of those people who doesnt take being asked questions well :?

I'll do it though - i just worry, as HER vet knows her inside out.

Be phoning them after 9 to discuss. All going on the week before i go away eh?

I would see if that vet could do it. She needs it done and that's likely a sad fact. A dental isn't a huge procedure and even an inexperienced vet should be fine doing it as long as they use the right GA, etc (which they will because its pretty easy to presume that all vets at the vet practice will use the same).

Eeeek dilemma :?

How is she in herself Gray? Do you have any pain relief that could keep her going until your vets back? (Sorry I know theres a rule about painkillers and Kidney problems but cant remember what it is exactly :oops:)

She's alright in herself, we've had a good couple of days since last weeks blip. SHe's VERY bouncy at the moment, but i can just tell she's not right with her eating. Ginger with low hay intake is NOT normal at all as she's a hay monster. Whilst my hay issues are apparent, she normally demolishes timothy hay, but is leaving that too, which makes me think teeth.

I agree with the above.

If you were to leave it any longer, who knows what other sort of problems might arise, causing perhaps more pain and stress for your bunny.

Such scenarios have happened to me before. A little worrying but, everything has been fine.

Sooner rather than later in my opinion.

Best of luck.

I would see if that vet could do it. She needs it done and that's likely a sad fact. A dental isn't a huge procedure and even an inexperienced vet should be fine doing it as long as they use the right GA, etc (which they will because its pretty easy to presume that all vets at the vet practice will use the same).

Okay, maybe im over complicating the thought of it being a complex thing.

Will call at 9 as planned and see what we get.

Okay, maybe im over complicating the thought of it being a complex thing.

Will call at 9 as planned and see what we get.

Last time Wish was done she was done by the newest vet at the practice, at the time, and she did fine :) (that was because it was Christmas Eve and none of my preferred vets were operating :roll:)

Last time Wish was done she was done by the newest vet at the practice, at the time, and she did fine :) (that was because it was Christmas Eve and none of my preferred vets were operating :roll:)

That makes me feel better.

And Preferred vets not being there on Christmas Eve? Pfft, who do they think they are!?

Gray if you are worried and want to come as far as Bristol I can give you the details for my vet. I've never had any dentals done but lots of GA's for various other things and they are very competent.

Booked in for tomorrow.

Taking in at 8:30am and leaving her there until its done. Biccy going too.

Going to be a VERY quiet day at home tomorrow.

Gray if you are worried and want to come as far as Bristol I can give you the details for my vet. I've never had any dentals done but lots of GA's for various other things and they are very competent.

Thanks Amy :)

Could you PM me the info please, for future reference?

Back