• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bobby Again NOOOO UD Bobby actually WANTS cuddles

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
All day yesterday I had to force feed my girl, I have no idea what i am doing wrong :cry:

She seems to have got over it now, but I am in a constant panic, thank goodness I had food to force feed and some metroclopide (sp) syrup.

I had no pain relief for her and the emergency vet said I should wait till today.

She started nomming as normal at 8 last night and seems fine this morning :D

I'm so stressed about it happening again was such a long day yesterday.

When we went to the vets two weeks ago they said teeth looked fine.. aghr Bobby

Last edited:
Oh noooooo, not again Bobby :cry::cry::cry:

Im sure youre not doing anything wrong hunny. Relapses are really common after a bout of stasis.

I know what you mean about the worry though (((HUGS)))

Oh noooooo, not again Bobby :cry::cry::cry:

Im sure youre not doing anything wrong hunny. Relapses are really common after a bout of stasis.

I know what you mean about the worry though (((HUGS)))

She is eating this morning, she was like a different bunny to the one I had to force feed :shock:

She is now running about at home, I have got rid of all wall paper from the room just in case, do you think I should cut down pelletts?? :shock:

I think i'd want some further tests done Shelly, there could be an underlying reason that she's struggling with GI slow down.

I know how it feels :( So i totally empathise with yuo.

I think i'd want some further tests done Shelly, there could be an underlying reason that she's struggling with GI slow down.

I know how it feels :( So i totally empathise with yuo.

I am crying my eyes out at the moment.

I know thats what I am going to have to do:cry:

Maybe I should get some bloods done?? xx This is now the 3rd time, and it always lasts eight hours, and always at this time of year.:cry:

Maybe I should get some bloods done?? xx This is now the 3rd time, and it always lasts eight hours, and always at this time of year.:cry:

How is she at grooming? of both herself AND Carlo? Is she a heavy groomer?

Does the same happen in the Summer > Winter moult?

Id bet me bottom dollar its linked to her moult hun. Its a huge strain on their bodies, aswell as their tums having to work extra hard to get rid of excess fur :( I always feel so sorry for them :(

Maybe it would be worth stepping up her and Carlos grooming routine. I usually brush mine once every other day but when theyre moulting step it up to twice a day.

So sorry for you and Bobby Shelly, you are a fab bunny mummy though and got her through the worst of it :D:D:love::love:

How is she at grooming? of both herself AND Carlo? Is she a heavy groomer?

Does the same happen in the Summer > Winter moult?

Carlo grooms her all the time, and she grooms herself a lot. Thats how I knew that she was coming through the worst of it, she started to get annoyed with the critical care all over her.

She has never done it in the winter, last year was April, and again now twice this april.

They are both moulting a lot more this year, but Carlo seems to be fine.

Weirdly on Sunday when this started, she ate her pelletts at 7.30am, I went for a nap got up at 10.30 and she was not moving and tummy pressing. I caught it early thank god, because if I was an "average bunny owner" as the emergency vet said I wouldn't have acted so quickly

Id bet me bottom dollar its linked to her moult hun. Its a huge strain on their bodies, aswell as their tums having to work extra hard to get rid of excess fur :( I always feel so sorry for them :(

Maybe it would be worth stepping up her and Carlos grooming routine. I usually brush mine once every other day but when theyre moulting step it up to twice a day.

So sorry for you and Bobby Shelly, you are a fab bunny mummy though and got her through the worst of it :D:D:love::love:

Thanks Gemma, i can't lose her :cry: I'm at work and Ian is off with them both.

he seemed confident she would pull through as she was still so spunky

Does she scoff her pellets? Maybe it would be worth giving their pellet ration in 2 or 3 small meals throughout the day so that her tum has a chance to digest them?
Sorry hun just throwing ideas about :oops::wave:

Carlo grooms her all the time, and she grooms herself a lot. Thats how I knew that she was coming through the worst of it, she started to get annoyed with the critical care all over her.

She has never done it in the winter, last year was April, and again now twice this april.

They are both moulting a lot more this year, but Carlo seems to be fine.

Weirdly on Sunday when this started, she ate her pelletts at 7.30am, I went for a nap got up at 10.30 and she was not moving and tummy pressing. I caught it early thank god, because if I was an "average bunny owner" as the emergency vet said I wouldn't have acted so quickly

Do you help them groom at all, brushing/removing excess fur thats easy to come out? I'm just wondering if you could help her out a bit?

I dont know if theres a difference between moults, BUT i'd guess the WINTER>SUMMER moult is harder on them, as a winter coat is a lot thicker, and so more fur to ingest etc. Perhaps thats why.

If she doesnt like being brushed, a slightly wet hand run over her body will have a good effect to - we do that with Biccy :)

Does that help at all?

I know you're certainly not an 'average' bunny owner, im really chuffed you picked up so quickly on it.

They go downhill so fast :(

Sounds like a sluggish cecum to me. What *exactly* is her diet ?

The wallpaper eating is *possibly* a SYMPTOM of the problem not the cause. Bunnies with a sluggish cecum/cecal dysbiosis crave fibre and will eat anything like paper or cardboard. But of course ingesting it just makes things worse, the contents of the cecum become dehydrated and impacted and then the rest of the GI tract suffers as a result.

Does she scoff her pellets? Maybe it would be worth giving their pellet ration in 2 or 3 small meals throughout the day so that her tum has a chance to digest them?
Sorry hun just throwing ideas about :oops::wave:

She is the piggiest out of the two, carlo knows when to stop but she won't.

I do think its a a mixtire between moult and too many pelletts as she steals them out of Carlos mouth

Do you help them groom at all, brushing/removing excess fur thats easy to come out? I'm just wondering if you could help her out a bit?

I dont know if theres a difference between moults, BUT i'd guess the WINTER>SUMMER moult is harder on them, as a winter coat is a lot thicker, and so more fur to ingest etc. Perhaps thats why.

If she doesnt like being brushed, a slightly wet hand run over her body will have a good effect to - we do that with Biccy :)

Does that help at all?

I know you're certainly not an 'average' bunny owner, im really chuffed you picked up so quickly on it.

They go downhill so fast :(

I do, but I could probably do with stepping it up a gear :wave:

Sounds like a sluggish cecum to me. What *exactly* is her diet ?

The wallpaper eating is *possibly* a SYMPTOM of the problem not the cause. Bunnies with a sluggish cecum/cecal dysbiosis crave fibre and will eat anything like paper or cardboard. But of course ingesting it just makes things worse, the contents of the cecum become dehydrated and impacted and then the rest of the GI tract suffers as a result.

Hi jane :wave:

She has unlimited farm hay, which she normally scoffs all day, she probably has about 10-20 :oops: SS a day.

I used to feed spring greens but, since this has happened I have stopped:cry: And now they get more herbs like Coriander, basil ect.

I do think I am getting something wrong with her diet, but I can't quite get to the bottom of it :cry:

Hi jane :wave:

She has unlimited farm hay, which she normally scoffs all day, she probably has about 10-20 :oops: SS a day.

I used to feed spring greens but, since this has happened I have stopped:cry: And now they get more herbs like Coriander, basil ect.

I do think I am getting something wrong with her diet, but I can't quite get to the bottom of it :cry:

Does she have anything midly diuretic? Dandelions, Parsley etc?

If so, i'd cut them out - if she's craving fibre, wallpaper, card etc, i THINK you'd need to keep everything hydrated, so lots of water, diuretics wipe that water out in theory.

Does she have anything midly diuretic? Dandelions, Parsley etc?

If so, i'd cut them out - if she's craving fibre, wallpaper, card etc, i THINK you'd need to keep everything hydrated, so lots of water, diuretics wipe that water out in theory.

She only really has dandelions every now and again, but I will cut them out.

She does have parsley usually to get her eating.

She actually takes water from the syringe happily, so have been given her a bit extra.

She is drinking a lot. since she is better

sorry to hear about bobby:( they're such a worry!

i noticed eric pulling at the newspaper in his tray yesterday but he does like to shred it - in hindsight, i should've seen his episode last night coming but he didn't seem to be eating it (he eats cardboard when he craves fibre so i start dishing out the dried leaves etc and remove the cardboard).

Back