• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why is it difficult to find decent hutch/run?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hey

I've recently been looking online for a decent run, but it is very difficult. It took an hour to find the size of run I wanted (8ftx5ft), but the vast majority of runs are tiny, and only a very few are of a decent size and of RWAF recommendation (8ftx4ft). It's no wonder that people house their rabbits in tiny hutches and runs when it's difficult to find any hutch or run of decent size.

It should be the other way round, it should be difficult to find small hutches/runs and very easy to find decent sized hutches and runs. Until this happens, I can't see accommodation for rabbits getting any better. To be honest, if a shop or online site sells a product, however small it is for the intended animal, people will buy it thinking it must be suitable because it is being sold. We can not change people's perception of rabbit accommodation size when the vast majority of hutches and runs for sale are not suitable.:(

Supply & demand - people buy the small ones, so they are made

I had an 8x6 & a 6x4 made for me, for £30 & £25:D

My FIL makes them to order. He did me a massive 7 foot double hutch, a shed with massive 4ft high run (shaped to fit the garden and has recently made me made to measure enclosures for the spare room. Ill give him a shout if you're interested :wave:

SDC10314.jpg

SDC10316.jpg

WForce006.jpg

WForce007.jpg

WForce010.jpg

2011-02-14160554.jpg

2011-02-14160523.jpg

2011-02-14160511.jpg

They are amazing! I had to buy off a website as I didn't know anyone who made them! Would love a bigger place for them

My FIL makes them to order. He did me a massive 7 foot double hutch, a shed with massive 4ft high run (shaped to fit the garden and has recently made me made to measure enclosures for the spare room. Ill give him a shout if you're interested :wave:

SDC10314.jpg

SDC10316.jpg

WForce006.jpg

WForce007.jpg

WForce010.jpg

2011-02-14160554.jpg

2011-02-14160523.jpg

2011-02-14160511.jpg

wow these are brilliant does he also make wendy house ? :D

They are amzing, does he make them to sell ? :D

He will do yeah. He's often asked me to see if there would be any interest but I never know whether i'm allowed to 'advertise' for him on here. Like I said, he loves doing it and if anyone is interested in getting him to make them anything PM me. :D

Back