• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wanted..sweet natured ladybun for merlin

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:( watching merlin trying to get to bertie is so sad......bertie and merlin have washes through the bars...but they cannot live together...as berties a frenchie...too much fur to groom...but most importantly...too much food for merlin to steal.
bluebell wont let him back with bertie..even tho bertie keeps chasing her when she gets in the way:oops:

merlin came from rosie rabbit rescue.......which ive only just realised is closed:(

merlin is a people bun..loves playing with the cats....and has a very odd idea of bonding.....just go up and flop with the other bunny:oops: Hes so sweet and loving.........
nikkis going to be reinstated in her room and merlin gets to run loose in all of upstairs again. Sadly this means no bertie cuddles through the pen panel bars...and he is soo loving.

ive checked the buns in need.......and the search on rabbit rehome........:?:(

has anyone got a lady bun avaiable? mind you bertie and merlin were so loved up before merlin got so ill before christmas:(

the little lady needs to be friendly....to merlin at least:lol:

merlins a black lionhead cross....got two manes:lol:

hes never enjoyed being outside...apart from just before xmas 2009...when he went snow diving:oops:

this set up here is house buns with access to a garden thats cat proofed to keep our idiots in and other cats out.....we have one adult cat zuzu whos fluent in bunny and is loved by our buns....except bluebell...:oops:
we have 2 seven and a half month old kittys who are bunny friendly....they play and sleep and drink with merlin. They rub round and purr for bertie..wash his ears etc.

can anyone help?

btw i already have 2 buns coming here...now i know i need anotherbun..not for anyone except merlin.

I agree with you about Merlin needing a friend, Debbie. He looked so sad when I visited:(

Have you tried Sue at Southampton? (Just want an excuse to go over there and meet her and her lovely buns:oops:)

It's worth you contacting Jill to see what ladies we have available.

There's little Paw-Paw who I'm fostering or her sister Cherry for starters :wave:

I know you are a long way from Alices (Windwhistle Warren Rescue in Gloucestershire) but she does have over 100 bunnies looking for homes, only a few of which are on rabbit rehome.

It's quite possible she has a ladybun suitable for Merlin?
Also some volunteers that come from quite a way off (London etc) so it may be possible to do a bunnyrun?

sue:wave:

I don't know how far away from Norfolk you are but PACT have some lovely buns (well over 100 at the mo) and I know I have 3 lovely little girls wanting homes in my section I work.

Hi there,

I have a lovely lop called Bella, who is looking for a home. I'm in Godalming in Surrey, so not too far from you.

Bella came to us just after Christmas. She was found by a man walking near our home, just hopping around in a car park. I took her in as I already have bunnies, but I wasn't really in a position to take on any more permanent buns. Bella is on the Bobtails waiting list, but I said I could look after her until they have room for her.

She is a beautiful lop (dwarf lop? quite a big girlie). I will post a piccie in a mo. It will break my heart when she has to go, as I've really got very attached to her, but at the moment she is on her own, which isn't ideal at all, so I would love her to have a friend as soon as she can. She is a docile as they come. She was quite timid when she came to us, but now she is really friendly, and absolutely loves company. She was in our house for a couple of months, as I didn't have suitable accommodation for her anywhere else, and she made a fabulous house rabbit. She is litter trained :D

My vet is convinced she is spayed, although obviously can't be 100% sure without doing quite a lot of investigation. He is a great vet, and thinks he can feel a spay scar. Just to warn you I cannot guarantee that she is spayed, and sadly just don't have the funds right now to have her opened up :)() to check this. I have had her vaccinated for Myxi a couple of weeks ago, and she will be VHD vaccinated on Thursday.

Obviously I don't know her age, as she's a stray, but I would guess around 2/3.

Please let me know if you are interested in meeting her/finding more about her.

AE

ETA - here is a piccie of Bella:

bunny054.jpg

Last edited:
Bella looks gorgeous Debbie - just like my Gemma.

If you wanted to go and visit I am sure my friend would lend me his car so I could give you a lift - and get to meet new bunny people and bunnies too:)

Bella looks gorgeous Debbie - just like my Gemma.

If you wanted to go and visit I am sure my friend would lend me his car so I could give you a lift - and get to meet new bunny people and bunnies too:)

I don't live very far from the station (15 minute walk), if that helps as well. :D

Debbie, I can help you out with a bunny run if you need it now I know where you are! :wave:

ETA: I can definitely do Godalming to yours on a Sat/Sun, if it's required! :D

Just suggesting Sue at Southampton Rabbit Rescue, maybe worth giving her a call. She doesn't always have time to put all her buns on her website or on Rabbit Rehome so she may have something suitable for you :D

I have rehomed 3 boys from her and am also fostering another boy from her :love::love:

We have a doe lionhead cross who we can get speyed, she was born at the beginning of December 2010 or we have her mum who is lovely and obviously older, estimate to be a year and half poss.

I also would bond them here for you.

Let me know if I can help.

oh wow...amazing!!!

yes please id have to ask for a bunny run xx

ive been in contact with sue...sadly no un to fit the bill...and shes overun with nursing mums and babies right now:(

aww she looks the spit of my mums bunny:love::love:

looks not important..just a bun whos docile..friendly and not terrified of hoomins..or a cat hater either...(bluebells got that job the moo:lol: our poor cats!)

oh my dont know where to start!!!

this sites playin up loads too.....:lol:

thank you:wave:

do i try and drag karen and merlin to the sidlesham cat and rabbit rescue......or will we both be too weak to say no:lol:

hmm seriously i dont know about travelling with him due to his tummy probs....but if i bring zuzu our cat along with..hed be fine. Yes theyve gone to the vets together in a carrier a few times recently...much to the amusement and shock of vets...vet nurses..receptionists...fellow bunny owners..fellow cat owners.......

but he adores her and she trusts and loves him too....hes used to getting on the bed overnight and sleeping on zuzus blanky with her...sometimes he sits on her to have a wash too.

howcome its so difficult to find a bun when theyre soo many need rehoming?
sigh........

thank you:wave:

do i try and drag karen and merlin to the sidlesham cat and rabbit rescue......or will we both be too weak to say no:lol:

Can I be cheeky and beg a lift if you're going over to Sidlesham? :wave: (provided I'm not working :roll:)

Back