• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My playhouse project - "Marley's Nook"

Thought i would post it here instead of stories and photos. Im going to add up the total cost as i go along, just so i can keep a note. If i write it down i have an obsessive compulsion to write it again and again and again :oops: :?

Might also be useful to someone anyway...

Will add to the thread as i go along.

GEDC0159.jpg

Mum wants it as her new smoking shed :roll:...
GEDC0165.jpg

GEDC0174.jpg

GEDC0175.jpg

GEDC0176.jpg

GEDC0172.jpg

3rd AprilPlayhouse = £80
Petrol = £20
New floor/OSB board = £12
Shed/Fence preserve (animal safe) = £8
Timber, screws, brackets, hinges etc for mesh door = £13

TOTAL SO FAR = £133

Last edited:
No Smoking Allowed......:no::no::no:

Its looking fab!!!!!! Im so jealous!!

Filthy habbit, i hate it!! :censored:

... If you saw the inside, you wouldnt be so jealous, lets just say i got more paint on the floor, myself and the roof :)? cant explain that one!) than i did on the walls, and a nursery school child could have done a better job! :roll: :lol:

Where did you manage to get a playhouse for £80 for? I am looking all over and having trouble finding them that cheap at the minute!

Its all being done for my little trio of bunnies moving in with me in the next few months!

Looks like bunny palace now your playhouse :D

Where did you manage to get a playhouse for £80 for? I am looking all over and having trouble finding them that cheap at the minute!

Its all being done for my little trio of bunnies moving in with me in the next few months!

Looks like bunny palace now your playhouse :D

It was 2nd hand and has been in the For sale and wanted section of the forum for months. x

Looks great! Love the name!:love: Sorry I didn't get round to giving suggestions:( I didn't have any good ideas anyway:lol:

:wave: Looks Great!

My husband bought me one off ebay for £100 all we have managed to do is put if together so far. As and when the money is available will do a bit more and a bit more till gradually all finished! Pip will have to be a patient boy! :lol:

So shall be keeping an eye on this thread for inspiration! :D

:wave: Looks Great!

My husband bought me one off ebay for £100 all we have managed to do is put if together so far. As and when the money is available will do a bit more and a bit more till gradually all finished! Pip will have to be a patient boy! :lol:

So shall be keeping an eye on this thread for inspiration! :D

hehe, thanks! I have to pay for this bit by bit too, but im impatient and cant wait to see them in it so have already blown this weeks budget! :lol: Next on my shopping list is a cat flap! Ill put some more pictures up this weekend. xx

hehe, thanks! I have to pay for this bit by bit too, but im impatient and cant wait to see them in it so have already blown this weeks budget! :lol: Next on my shopping list is a cat flap! Ill put some more pictures up this weekend. xx

I had a cat flap for mine but I prop it open constantly with a stick cuz all thru the night I can hear it opening and closing!

I had a cat flap for mine but I prop it open constantly with a stick cuz all thru the night I can hear it opening and closing!

:lol: i dont mind, if i can sleep through them binkying around in my room in the middle of the night, i can sleep through a catflap flapping outside ;) Ill miss the sound of them munching their veg and hay when im dosing off to sleep :oops:

Cost Update:

9th April:Weld Mesh = £7
Cuprinol Garden Shades (sample pot) = £6
Padbolts = £3.99
Peter Rabbit Ornament :) = £9.99
Lino = £5
Cat Flap = £18

TOTAL SO FAR = £133 + £49.98 = 182.98

...starting to add up! :shock:

More pictures coming tomorrow.
This week ive painted the pelmets cream, painted the run green, FINALLY managed to hide the awful brush strokes on the inside (note to self: DO NOT paint the inside of sheds/playhouses AGAIN!). Ive also put the mesh onto the frame for the internal door. Still trying to remove the celafane off the inside of the windows too.

This weekend, im hoping to get the rest of the celefane off, lay the floor, put the shelves up and attach the kickboard and internal door. If the catflap comes i hope to get that attached. Then at some point in the week, i need to get some brackets to fix the run to the side :)

And the damn birds have pooed down the back of it already! :censored:

Last edited:
9th April:Weld Mesh = £7
Cuprinol Garden Shades (sample pot) = £6
Padbolts = £3.99
Peter Rabbit Ornament :) = £9.99
Lino = £5
Cat Flap = £18

TOTAL SO FAR = £133 + £49.98 = 182.98

...starting to add up! :shock:

More pictures coming tomorrow.
This week ive painted the pelmets cream, painted the run green, FINALLY managed to hide the awful brush strokes on the inside (note to self: DO NOT paint the inside of sheds/playhouses AGAIN!). Ive also put the mesh onto the frame for the internal door. Still trying to remove the celafane off the inside of the windows too.

This weekend, im hoping to get the rest of the celefane off, lay the floor, put the shelves up and attach the kickboard and internal door. If the catflap comes i hope to get that attached. Then at some point in the week, i need to get some brackets to fix the run to the side :)

And the damn birds have pooed down the back of it already! :censored:

Hey what size was the mesh you got and where was it from? The cheapest I've found is like £20 :shock: Thats for a 3ftx6 metre roll though!

Thanks sounds like its going well, cant wait for pictures! :D

Back