• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is the floor too cold?

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
I bought home my new baby bunnies today, beautiful sisters.

Their cage is on the floor downstairs, it's ceramic tiled and really cold to walk on.

The cage is plastic based, and directly on the floor. They have shavings and hay (but no 'bedroom').

Will it be too cold for them?

I will worry about them all night! I should just bring them upstairs and have done with!

I take it the babies feet arent directly on the floor??
When I had mine in a plastic bottomed cage fore bonding,I had them on the carpet in my room.
Im sure they will be ok.xx

No their feet aren't directly on the floor, they're in the cage. I might put a towel under the cage in case - haha - it'll be morning by the time I've decided what to do!

No their feet aren't directly on the floor, they're in the cage. I might put a towel under the cage in case - haha - it'll be morning by the time I've decided what to do!

well, if youve got time,pop on a coupla pics!! Welcome to the forum...youll have a great time on here!! Lots of info and advice...and lots of laughs!!:wave::wave:
Are they gonna be house bunnies??? How old are they???

aw thanks for the welcome! I'll get some photo's on tomorrow.

They're lionlops - ones orange, ones white with orange markings - the orange one is Bayley (was going to be spelt Bailey until people compared it to the drink haha) and the white one is called Binky.

I think - haha - took ages to decide on names! They are babies - 8 weeks I believe.

They are in the house at the moment, but the landlord said they aren't allowed in :-( but my OH was spraying some paints in the shed yesterday so there's no way they can go in yet, because I can still smell the fumes badly.

Plus I REALLY want to keep them in the house haha!

Back