• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Proofing

demikaijuu

Warren Scout
Ok so my room is fairly well rabbit proofed now - with one exception - under the bed! And this is causing a few arguments because I have to keep George off the bed - which I hate cause we both like snuggle time in bed.

Basic Layout of my room - my beds in the middle of the room - and i've manage to block off the bottom and stop him getting down the two sides - but it just takes him getting on the bed so he can jump down and get under the bed (which has a fair bit of my stuff under it and don't like him being under there because I cant keep my eye on him)

does anyone have a good way to block the sides of the bed - but still make it easy to gain access to it if i need to get some of the stuff under there - would like my snuggle time with my little boy again :)

I have B&Q folding crates under my bed. They are just the right height to fit under my bed but make it hard for Mini to jump in them. Ikea also do some clear storage boxes at varying heights, I have some of those under there too. I have about 6 folding crates and three ikea boxes and then a small tunnel so that Mini and Mischa can do laps round the room.

Have just ordered myself some crates!!! and i really like the idea of a tunnel going through them - so he can still get under the bed - just not cause any damage

Just wondering - if your beds a double how many crates do you use (i've curretly got 2 under there)??

Thank you :D

It's a single. I have ummed and aahed about getting a double but only recently got a new mattress :oops:

Here's a little diagram :oops:

Diagram-vi.jpg

(Most definitely not to scale :oops: )

The red boxes (books, bags, misc human stuff, misc rabbit stuff) are these... http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wc...ategory_root|Furniture+and+Homewares|16849245
The blue boxes (treat hay and dried dandelion and plantain) are these... http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70102972

You my love are an absolute legend!!! Got the crates today, perfect fit and now he's quite happily hopping around the whole room and I'm not panicking that he'll get under the bed.

The only thing is now he's developed a shoe fetish and has dragged them all out from the wardrobe lol but that I can deal with cause all I have to do is shut the door :)

Thank you so much for your help xxxxx

No problem! Mine love the wardrobe too. I have, erm, shut Mini in by accident in the past :oops:

Back