• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Xrays of Lily and BBs....Spines

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
xrays.png
xrays2.png
xrays3.png

The first one is Lily.I asked to see her teeth and if her chest was clear.The vet found her spine like this.
The next 2 are BB.His spine snakes side to side....with ups and downs.
But both bunnies are thriving......

Last edited:
I didn't know they were siblings. You must take good care of them. Are they on regular pain relief?

That is just incredible:shock: can you fill me in with what they have?

They have Kyphosis of the spine...wasnt I going to send these to your chaps email????.......I forgot!! Sorry!!
Interesting isnt it?? According to Vikkivet,Lilys insides have moved around to allow for her problem.

How does it effect them?

Lily has a weakness in one back leg.I try to keep her between 700 and 750 grams else she topples over alot.Ian is happy with her body condition and BB is looking really well.Lily tends to drape herself over him....I think they are both commfortable.

That's fascinating! We think our Squidgy had some sort of curvature of the spine, but never had x-rays done on him. I wish we had in a way, as it must be nice to see what's going on inside your bunnies.
They are obviously thriving in your care, and their bodies have adapted well to cope. Thanks for sharing these.

That's fascinating! We think our Squidgy had some sort of curvature of the spine, but never had x-rays done on him. I wish we had in a way, as it must be nice to see what's going on inside your bunnies.
They are obviously thriving in your care, and their bodies have adapted well to cope. Thanks for sharing these.

youre welcome.
There is a big thankyou to Snowy...as she managed to get the pics from the PDF email I had been sent.

Interesting.

I will more than likely have a similar X-Ray of my Inca soon, she has been holding her leg funny recently. She has been on Metacam to see if that helps, but it doent seem to be changing anything :(. She is running about and seems ok, but just holding her leg very funny. She is deformed at her back end, so i am thinking her curved spine is the issue. Phoning to arrange an x-ray tomorrow.

Can you tell me, did your two need GA for the X-rays, or is it just a sedative?

Interesting.

I will more than likely have a similar X-Ray of my Inca soon, she has been holding her leg funny recently. She has been on Metacam to see if that helps, but it doent seem to be changing anything :(. She is running about and seems ok, but just holding her leg very funny. She is deformed at her back end, so i am thinking her curved spine is the issue. Phoning to arrange an x-ray tomorrow.

Can you tell me, did your two need GA for the X-rays, or is it just a sedative?

GAs.....BB was having his plums off whilst under, and as Ian knows Lils and Beebs are siblings, he did a freebee to see if they both had the same condition.
I own up to not putting Lily under another GA to be speyed....Im so scared I will lose her as she suffers from respiratory problems too.

I own up to not putting Lily under another GA to be speyed....Im so scared I will lose her as she suffers from respiratory problems too.

See, that's what i am worried about, my Inca has had so many things wrong with her and i am worried that a GA would take her from me. But then i see her sitting with her leg almost folded right under her and out the other side and think that she can't be ok like that :(

It is hard to make the decision, because right now (apart from this leg) she is doing the best she has since she came to me, but then i don't want to leave the leg and then something worse transpires!

See, that's what i am worried about, my Inca has had so many things wrong with her and i am worried that a GA would take her from me. But then i see her sitting with her leg almost folded right under her and out the other side and think that she can't be ok like that :(

It is hard to make the decision, because right now (apart from this leg) she is doing the best she has since she came to me, but then i don't want to leave the leg and then something worse transpires!

Rock and a hard place.
Could you not ask for a sedative???? Is it possible??
I asked for a sedative for Lily.....I dont know what she had.But I was like a cat on hot bricks........

They have Kyphosis of the spine...wasnt I going to send these to your chaps email????.......I forgot!! Sorry!!
Interesting isnt it?? According to Vikkivet,Lilys insides have moved around to allow for her problem.

Yep, I thought I had said something dreadful to you:lol::oops:

How old are they? I really hope all their relatives are neutered as this can't be a nice thing for anyone/bun to go through:( Speaking from experience with Tiesto, she had to have an xray and it was found she had what is similar to a slipped/prolapsed disc in humans (The gap between two of her vertebra is too small.) (Just like my O/h:shock:) Now I know, you can see by the way she held her head and didn't periscope so much plus the increasing cases of Ileus, that she had pain issues with her spine.

I am so amazed with how much these little creatures can deal with. "Give me a crazy spine or a chest with pus oozing or teeth growing where ever they so choose fine, but just don't give me an extra pellet or I will deffo die:shock:"

I just don't get them:oops::love:

Back