• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help please quick :o( UD just done a binky! Miraculous recovery!!

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I've just got back from my mums, my OH fed the buns at 5.30 as usual, and both gobbled it up as usual. But when I went to see them Honey was hiding in her box, and I noticed she couldn't get comfy. She flopped one way, then sat up looking uneasy, then flopped the other way. She then came out and keeps doing the same. Do you think she's just eaten too fast and got bellyache? Cos she was fine before. Is there anything I can do to help her apart from tummy rubs? I rub her tummy a bit when she flops but after a minute she gets up and moves again :( help please I hate seeing her not well :(

Last edited:
Don't rub her tummy because you don't know what's causing it, in most situations it won't harm, and may help, but sometimes it can do more harm. You need to call the vet.

Gordon was like that and he just got worse as the night went on, ring an emergency vet and see if you can take her in. Gordon was given metacam for the pain and a gut stimulant to get his guts moving again.

Well my bridge bunny died of bloat though her tummy felt fine so you might be better off calling the vets to check it out :?

Well I've rung an emergency vet, can't go to the one our normal vet uses as I've had bad experience with them :( so going to have to transfer to this one (they won't see her otherwise) :( waiting for vet to ring me back to tell me when we can go :( I'm worried sick. Honey isn't changing position any more, but she's just sitting in her box and refuses crunchies :(

Well done for ringing the vets. I hope if you can take her in that there isn't anything serious and she will get better soon xxxxx

The vet rang me and I explained everything, and as Honey is still hopping around when encouraged, and I have some metacam, he said to give her the metacam, monitor her overnight to see if she poops, and if not to go in tomorrow :( my OH just mentioned that I used megazorb for the first time today, she might have eaten some of that :( I told the vet this and he said if she has then it would prob swell inside her and block her up, but to monitor for poops...

I've heard of megazorb causing problems for buns that eat it, have you taken it all out now? You're doing all you can, hopefully she'll be feeling more like herself soon xxxx Pooing and eating vibes for her and hugs for you xxxxxx

If she is blocked up and is no better by the morning, what happens then? Does anyone know? Do they open up the tummy to unblock the gut, or do they give them something?? I'm beside myself :(

I've heard of megazorb causing problems for buns that eat it, have you taken it all out now? You're doing all you can, hopefully she'll be feeling more like herself soon xxxx Pooing and eating vibes for her and hugs for you xxxxxx

Yes all megazorb taken out now, won't be using that again :( if only I hadn't bothered with it in the first place :( itust be that, it's the only thing that's been different today :( does anyone have experience of this happening?

I'm not sure but I think they'll give her something to get her stomach moving. If she is no better/hasn't pooed in a while though it may be a good idea to ring the vet back as if it is a blockage that can be quite serious I think. Hugs to you and I hope there will be some improvement xxx Most of us know what it's like to have a bunny like this :( xx

If you can keep her warm, monitor any eating, pooping. Try to encourage her to drink some fluids. Put some water in a bowl with a dash of boiling to make it tepid, mine tend to drink more when it is like this.

Also gently get her to move around but don't stress her either as it can sometimes help get things moving. If nothing happens shortly contact the vet again for an appt tonight.

The megazorb could be a coincidence. One of mine stopped eating a couple of weeks ago and it was his teeth but without seeing a vet you won't know.

Sending vibes for her and hope it is just a bit of tummy ache.

Personally I would want the Vet to examine her tonight. Vet cant diagnose a GI obstruction over the phone. *If* there is an obstruction then time is of the essence.

Back