• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns eaten potato! Help!

allie1904

Mama Doe
I know it's not good, but is it poisonous> They are fresh but one of them has eaten some skin and a little bit of white spud! I found one on the floor which they must have nicked from me vegetable rack!

They are still eating normally and poops look ok. They must have done it today as the spud is still fresh and not gone brown!

Help!

I'm sure they'll be okay, just keep an eye on them. In the wild they'd eat all sorts but it doesn't sound as if he's eaten very much. Maybe ring your vet for reassurance? ... :wave:

My vets aren't open now so would have to ring the emergency team, I'm working a night shift tonight so OH is on poop patrol :roll:

Yes it's not a safe veg BUT when we were kids our buns always got potato peelings along with other veg scraps and were fine, lived for years, we didn't know any better in those days. Your bun will be fine i'm sure. :)

Yes it's not a safe veg BUT when we were kids our buns always got potato peelings along with other veg scraps and were fine, lived for years, we didn't know any better in those days. Your bun will be fine i'm sure. :)

:thumb:

My 2nd ever bun when i was younger, had potato peelings every night during the winter, warmed up in the microwave as it was so cold to keep her warm :oops:

Didnt know any better back then, and she loved them :oops:

Back