• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anybody else buy hay from Tescos for £3 ?

I get mine from Chapmans in Twickenham. They do deliver for a small charge, you would need to check with them if they deliver where you are.

Other options are to look for horse supply shops in your area.

I get mine from Chapmans in Twickenham. They do deliver for a small charge, you would need to check with them if they deliver where you are.

Other options are to look for horse supply shops in your area.

Thanks, do they have a website, I can't find it :oops:

I have had to buy hay from the supermarket before when I couldnt get it anywhere else and its just horrid, all brown ad small. Getting a bale from a farm is the best value and nicest hay if you can find it. I know its tough, we have to drive for an hour at least to get some. Or, you can buy it online at dust free hay but it is very expensive to do that.

I hope you find a supplier near you soon

I have bought hay from Tesco before and its awful :? The rabbits won't eat it, its small pieces and is brown and dry. You are much better getting a farm bale, or a decent type of hay as its the rabbits main diet x

if you search through the bags at tescos some are good and green still, ive had a few good value hay from them, but right now there on teh wilkos ones as they seemed fresher
but after these have been used up, going to start getting hte large bales from garden centre again

I've looked at it, but always thought it didn't look very nice. I buy from Morrisons, but really as bedding hay. Having only one bunny who doesn't eat much hay it's not too expensive for me to buy online.

Mine were on Wilkinsons hay which is actually not bad. INGS is miles better though.
I'm never buying P@H hay again, my rabbits wouldn't even touch it.

I have bought hay from Tesco before and its awful :? The rabbits won't eat it, its small pieces and is brown and dry. You are much better getting a farm bale, or a decent type of hay as its the rabbits main diet x

This :thumb:

Its brown and small and horrible :(

I buy the tesco value hay and PAH standard hay as bedding, rabbits do eat it and and dont seem to mind but I get nicer hay for the hay rack. It is convenient to have a small pack handy for topping up. It may be small dry and brown but it is soft, which I thought was a good thing.. but maybe not....

I would be interested in buying bales but dont know of anywhere local where I can pick them up from. I worked out the costs of buying online and it seemed the same price or more, when you include delivery! I only have 3 bunnies so I guess when you buy more it might work our better.

Does anyone know of anywhere I can get bales of hay in York or Yorkshire?

I buy the tesco value hay and PAH standard hay as bedding, rabbits do eat it and and dont seem to mind but I get nicer hay for the hay rack. It is convenient to have a small pack handy for topping up. It may be small dry and brown but it is soft, which I thought was a good thing.. but maybe not....

I would be interested in buying bales but dont know of anywhere local where I can pick them up from. I worked out the costs of buying online and it seemed the same price or more, when you include delivery! I only have 3 bunnies so I guess when you buy more it might work our better.

Does anyone know of anywhere I can get bales of hay in York or Yorkshire?

I get mine delivered from these guys:

http://www.thebluebarn.co.uk/

They deliver to York on a Tuesday morning. I think the delivery charge is about £5, but for a bale of hay, a bag of readigrass and a big bag of Megazorb, I think it's quite reasonable.

The driver is also lovely, and always brings the stuff through my house for me as it's quite heavy! :)

5 out of 5 buns here recommend it! :wave:

Thanks Captain Helen :) I have been here actually ... when my inlaws used to have chickens! its quite close to them but will give them a call and see if they can deliver to york :D

I don't know about Tesco but I've got some from Sainsbury's before and it's about the only meadow hay that my two will ever touch. Unfortunately the big Sainsbury's that sells it isn't very near and doesn't always have it either and there's never any guarantee they'll eat it anyway. Sometimes I hate living in London. I have to buy everything online :(

Back