• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeding ok?

Bunni_xx

Mama Doe
Is this OK? Too much, too little? It has dandelions, dead nettle, rose petals and spinach. Sometimes there is pointed cabbage, a teeny bit of carrot/apple/banana/pear, hawthorn etc. They get it twice a day :D

photo20.jpg

:wave:

Last edited:
How many are you feeding? It looks ok for 2 but I don't feed mine alot because of Pie's chronic stasis problems.

looks yummy! i dont feed mine spinach as the high calcium content and casper has had sludge before, i feed mine dandelions,plantian,greens,lemon thyme and apple leaves i would prob feed that much that is in the bowl a day so half that bowl twice a day (for two buns) :) xx

Is this OK? Too much, too little? It has dandelions, dead nettle, rose petals and spinach. Sometimes there is pointed cabbage, a teeny bit of carrot/apple/banana/pear, hawthorn etc. They get it twice a day :D

photo20.jpg

:wave:

You need to be careful of spinach - shouldn't be fed on a regular basis. Also, I would keep carrot, apple, banana, pear as occasional treats rather than every day (all sugary so not good for their guts or their teeth). Spring greens and herbs could be substituted, along with chopped green pepper, finely sliced celery. I also give small amounts of cabbage and/or sprouts, although I know it doesn't 'agree' with some rabbits, so would only try a bit and see how it goes. I also give a bit of swede but, again, only occasionally. (My three get a large bowl of veg in the morning).

Just measured it out: it's a handful for 2 twice a day. They hardly ever have spinach, it was reduced so a treat. I also don't give the carrot etc very often - once every 2 weeks? Yes, they love cabbage, spring green, mint, basil, thyme and sage :love:

Back