• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When there seems no sense to losing a friend..

Julia123

Warren Veteran
Its so hard to lose a bunny friend. After recently losing my beautiful Bungle I've searched my soul for answers...

I'm not sure what they are but one thing that that is helping me see reason is Nushka - she accepts he's gone but she is lonley :cry: So with Bungle in my heart and Nushka in my head we went to meet a potential new friend...

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

We are calling him Jasper, he lived his life in a 4ft hutch.... :cry::cry: My job today is to build two pens in my garage where they can live side by side until they are ready to be together. Once they are bonded they will move out to my recently renovated 9ft x 4ft shed with 12ft aviary attached.

They met through panels yesterday and he clearly loves her (maybe a little too much at the moment :shock:) and she is playing hard to get but I know she wants him too, Nushka is a very 'speacial' bunny with dominance issues and needs a big boy to balance her out.

So finding sense where there doesn't seem any is to see my lovely girl happy again and this gorgeous boy happy and with space and love for the rest of his life. It fills a bit of the whole my boy Bungle left...

How lovely that Nushka will have a new friend. Lucky Jasper!!

I love the photos...............beautiful bunnies. :love::love:

Having lost my Ambrose just a month ago, I know exactly how you feel. Especially when there is a little bunny left on their own. In my case it was Estelle, who now has a new friend called Frankie.

We wish you all the best of luck for the future. Fingers, toes and paws crossed for the hopefully happy couple.!!!!!:wave:

I'm sorry about Bungle :( there is no logical way to deal with the loss of a friend. You just have to give it time and remember the happiness you shared together.

Giving a needy rabbit a loving home is a lovely way to honour Bungle's memory though. :) I hope you three will be very happy together.

Sorry, I forgot to say that I am sorry for your loss.

Rest easy Bungle. You will have plenty of lovely bunny company at the bridge. xx:cry::cry:

Last edited:
Oh JUlia, it makes it all worth while when you see this, you are doing the right thing for Nushka, good luck

I'm so sorry you lost Bungle. xxx

Good luck with the bonding. I hope its smooth as it looks really promising xxx

Thanks, its a weird feeling, still so painful losing Bungle but excited for a new start for these two... feels like I'm betraying Bungle but I know I'm not.

Mrs Bunnykins I'm sorry you lost Ambrose, but very pleased Estelle has a new friend in Frankie.

I finshed making the bonding pens...

IMG_0565.jpg

They are not great at 5ft square each, but they will get garden time too. Planning on a slow bond allowing them time next to each other for a week or two. Once I'm confident I'll let them meet properly and once they are settled they will move out to this..

IMG_0567.jpg

I just finished renovating it for Bungle and Nushka.. but suppose that will help as its pretty much neutral now. Its 9ft x 4ft shed with 12ft aviary.

ETA the central dividing wall is 3 thicknesses, one playpen panels, one aviary mesh panels and covered in chicken wire.

Last edited:
He is gorgeus!:love:I got B only a week after Will died because I couldn't bare the silence & I think when you have another bun to think of then you need to do what is best for them too.:DBungle will be smiling down knowing that his old friend is happy.

Oh JUlia, it makes it all worth while when you see this, you are doing the right thing for Nushka, good luck

If it wasn't for you and Jane we would have never met him. You were my rock Theo when I was losing Bungle and straight after and you have helped bring this big boy into our lives - thank you from me and Nushka xx

He's lovely!!! :love: AMAZING ears!!

Sorry you lost your Bungle but I'm sure he'd be happy that you are giving Jasper a nice big house. Putting a bun THAT huge in a 4ft hutch is unbelievable.:shock:

Sending bonding vibes your way.

:love:

I know exactly what you mean about feeling as if you are betraying your departed bunny. As you say though..........you know you are not. Just doing the very best for the other two.

Best of luck with the bonding. x

Back