• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spring greens vs savoy cabbage

Spring greens. Cabbage seems to disagree with Salt and gives him tummy ache :(

spring greens are the most beloved by matthew and tabitha, but getting them in good condition is rare now.

savoy are good for outer leaves, and always welcomed by my two. and they like pak choi, spinach, and curly kale, basil and parsley. :)

i tend to give sweetheart cabbage as the spring greens lately have been pretty vile and neither bun is overly keen on them anyway. both love sweetheart tho:)

Spenser is off spring greens, although he will occasionally eat a strip if I hand feed it. :oops:: He will only eat the very crisp, dark leaves from the outside of a cabbage. :roll:

I feed both :) They do prefer the dark green leaves from a savoy, the paler leaves tend to get ignored! They love spring greens though :) x

I usually feed pointed cabbage (which seems to be the same as sweetheart, to my taste buds at least). Savoy seemed to upset some bunny tummies, as did broccoli. And I don't buy curly kale any longer, either. Spring greens are ok, but sometimes not such good quality.

Hmmm. Thanks for all the comments. Benson and Lola seem to like the stuff I get from Asda in the bag. It's already shreded and I just wash it and put it in a tupperware. The guineapigs love it too. I'll stick to spring greens now they are back in season.:wave:

Spring greens here:wave: Although ASDA had none for ages:shock: so had to get them from Morrisons or buy savoy cabbage:)

Neither. Sadly. They seem to give Mischa and Nutmeg gas. And when Mischa gets gas I can hear his tummy from the other side of the room. :shock:

Either, depending on what's around. Not both together though. My buns seem pretty tolerant of all cabbagey things. *touch wood*

I wonder if spring greens are richer, as they are younger, in the same way that new grass is richer. *contemplates*

Back