• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If we have a baby.....

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
....then Jose and Rainbow would need to move outside as they live in what would be the nursery :( There's no room anywhere else for them :(

It's not going to happen for a while yet, but I can't imagine my little babies being outside. Jose doesnt even like it outside - i take them round to my folks to let them out in their garden and she spends most of her time in the carrier :( Do you think she'd get used to it?

As i said, we wont be having children for a while, but I cant stop thinking about having to move them outside :(

:(
Maybe they could have a spare room in your house :]

They already live in the spare room - they have the whole room to themselves

We live in a 3 bed, but the other room has our wardrobes in (our bedroom isnt big enough for them) and it has a few bookshelves in there too, so no room for bunnys :(

Could they not live in the living room?

No because the cat doesnt like them - he always to swat them :(

I suggested putting them in the kitchen/diner, but the OH didnt like that idea, and plus thats where the cats litter trays and food etc are

who knows where you'll be living by the time you have children :)

I'm sure you'll be able to find a space for them somewhere when it comes to it.

No because the cat doesnt like them - he always to swat them :(

I suggested putting them in the kitchen/diner, but the OH didnt like that idea, and plus thats where the cats litter trays and food etc are

Cat would get over it, mine did! Maybe (when you start to think of trying) try to let the cat get used to them to give you the option?

What if they had like a heated summer house thing outside? And then came indoors to run about? then it wouldn't really be they know they're living 'outside'? Or they could live in your room with you,if that's possible? If nothing can really be done, I'm sure they'll adjust fine to being outside :)

who knows where you'll be living by the time you have children :)

I'm sure you'll be able to find a space for them somewhere when it comes to it.

We've only lived here for 2 years, im not planning on moving for a good while yet, too much hassle :lol:

Cat would get over it, mine did! Maybe (when you start to think of trying) try to let the cat get used to them to give you the option?

How did you do that? I've tried introducing them through the nic grid bars and Mylo just sticks his paws through the bars and tries to get at them. I've also sat in the rabbit room holding Mylo and he still tries to get at them. The buns aren't scared of him at all, they always come up to have a sniff, it's just the cat whos not keen :lol:

We've only lived here for 2 years, im not planning on moving for a good while yet, too much hassle :lol:

How did you do that? I've tried introducing them through the nic grid bars and Mylo just sticks his paws through the bars and tries to get at them. I've also sat in the rabbit room holding Mylo and he still tries to get at them. The buns aren't scared of him at all, they always come up to have a sniff, it's just the cat whos not keen :lol:

your funny! :lol:

Distract him... Fresh chicken works well. If he sees a reward when the buns are near him then he won't hate them because he'll associate them with something good.
Do it slow too, so maybe start off with leaving stuff that smells of them around, then have them in a carrier out the way but reward him, and slowly have them close and eventually build up to letting them out but be between them and stuff.

One of my cats hates the buns but she doesn't go for them now, but she used to try to go for Charlie

get a nice shed and make it sooo cosy. some of the people here who have sheds make them really lovely :)
when daughter and i got bunnies, four years ago, the arrangement was that when she had a baby, i'd have her bunkins. .
some people find that shocking, but it was our plan:)

Back