• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Planned Bonding - What do you think ?

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
Monday 13th June harry goes in for neuter (is is ok that I will be at school for the days after his neuter?)
Saturday 30th July Start Bonding with harry and Maisey (almost 7 weeks after the neuter and will be on school holidays)
Good plan ?
(dates are approximate)

Last edited:
Monday 13th June harry goes in for neuter (is is ok that I will be at school for the days after his neuter?)
Saturday 30t July Start Bonding with harry and Maisey (almost 7 weeks after the neuter and will be on school holidays)
Good plan ?

:thumb:

Sounds like a good plan :) I was at school the days after Beanos spay and because she was inside my mum went up to check on her often. As long as he has eaten something before you go he should be ok. Do you know where you're going to do the bonding and how? :)

Sounds like a good plan :) I was at school the days after Beanos spay and because she was inside my mum went up to check on her often. As long as he has eaten something before you go he should be ok. Do you know where you're going to do the bonding and how? :)

I wil be using my run panels to make a 3ft X 3ft space that can eaily be extended by adding more panels. think i will be bonding the long way becasue my mum does not want the rabbits in the house :?

How come you're waiting till mid-june?

Flash and Harley had brief encounters way before they were neutered and always got on well, I admit I didn't wait the whole two weeks it's supposed to take for hormones to settle, but that's because I know my rabbits very well. I too couldn't have the buns inside for bonding. The first real time they were together was just on top of one of the hutches, I had my hand on both of them so I had quite a lot of control, next time I made a 4x3ft run and sat in it with them, I put them in and watched them for many hours each day, eventually gave them a large space and put them in a hutch together the next morning so I could keep an eye on them the first 12 or so hours. I know it's not the reccomended way to do things but it was the only way possible and I've been watching their behaviour together for 3 years

Then again if Harry and Maisey do fight before the neuter it could make them harder to bond one he's fixed, my advice is to get to know both buns, maybe give each bun a toy that smells of the other, work your way up slowly and really pay attention to how they act

Last edited:
How come you're waiting till mid-june?

Flash and Harley had brief encounters way before they were neutered and always got on well, I admit I didn't wait the whole two weeks it's supposed to take for hormones to settle, but that's because I know my rabbits very well. Then again if Harry and Maisey do fight before the neuter it could make them harder to bond one he's fixed

I am waiting till then becasue that gives maisey time to settle in and to get my new set up ready :D mum has agreed to let me get a big hutch or a wendy house for them :D depends which ones doent ruin her garden :lol:

I am waiting till then becasue that gives maisey time to settle in and to get my new set up ready :D mum has agreed to let me get a big hutch or a wendy house for them :D depends which ones doent ruin her garden :lol:

Ah cool :) Edited my post now and put more detail in :lol:

Back