• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I cant speak for everyone but.. I got a female from rescue and they had named her Trisha the trasher!!!! As soon as she was cleaned out she would just totally trash the place!!! Her home was permanently a tip!!! She would spend all day just digging and wrecking the place!!!!
I brought her home and bonded her with one of my boys... no more trashing!!
She is the tidiest, cleanest bun Ive ever had!
( I re named her.. Sophie)

I've been witnessing Pierre's behaviour recently, and I think hes doing it out of boredom. He has loads of toys hes free range most of the time, has plently of hay and attention. However he just keeps digging the same spot, for hours and he just doesn't seem to quieten down. I think maybe I'm giving him too much free range time so hes quite lively but I don't want to shut him in his cage for longer.

If he got a partner would his behaviour change? Do bonded pairs still do naughty things seperately?

He is neutered? This can stop behaviour like this.
Having a companion can reduce boredom resulting in no digging, but this doesn't always work.
:wave:

I cant speak for everyone but.. I got a female from rescue and they had named her Trisha the trasher!!!! As soon as she was cleaned out she would just totally trash the place!!! Her home was permanently a tip!!! She would spend all day just digging and wrecking the place!!!!
I brought her home and bonded her with one of my boys... no more trashing!!
She is the tidiest, cleanest bun Ive ever had!
( I re named her.. Sophie)

Lol the pic helps :p She looks cute :D

Beano used to be terror bun but did calm down a lot since meeting Gordon, she will still be intent on making her set up as messy as possible but is a lot calmer and spends less time doing things she shouldn't and a lot more time sat with/cuddling/grooming Gordon so I think getting him a partner may give him more to do and less time to be naughty but you can never really be sure :wave:

I hope I don't sound a bit silly but does your bun get plenty of hay?
Because it takes lots of energy to eat hay and reduces boredom :D
I think I read this on Ru or heard it on tv :]

Can do. Charlie would bar chew now and then (despite lots of free range time/toys/hay) and since I've had Milly he's not done it once.
I think with a friend, nothing is boring because if they feel bored then they have a cuddle!

I hope I don't sound a bit silly but does your bun get plenty of hay?
Because it takes lots of energy to eat hay and reduces boredom :D
I think I read this on Ru or heard it on tv :]

Ah I'm always giving it to him :lol: He just loves to dig my bed covers and my carpet. I know they dig, I'm not bothered by it, I just would like to reduce it if theres something I can do. The setup isn't brill and not the way I like it, but until i find my new place I can't change it.

Can do. Charlie would bar chew now and then (despite lots of free range time/toys/hay) and since I've had Milly he's not done it once.
I think with a friend, nothing is boring because if they feel bored then they have a cuddle!

Awwwwww i just want to see bunny cuddles :love:

Back