PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever get angry at your buns?

chloemurray
02-04-2011, 04:50 PM
I guess I was just wondering, because no matter what they do, I just can't be angry at them.

Yeah sometimes I get a twinge of annoyance if they chew my bed or pee on my floor... but it's gone as quick as it comes.

What about you?:):wave:

tiger_lily
02-04-2011, 04:53 PM
I've never been angry at Oscar. We have a lot of 'tsk, Oscar!' :roll: moments though!

Radish
02-04-2011, 04:53 PM
NEVER..they are rabbits,how can you get angry with them?

if you get angry with anyone because they chew or pee, be angry with yourself for knowingly putting them in a situation where they can damage stuff...that's your fault not theirs!:lol:

Bunni_xx
02-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Not really, but when Snowy had myxi, I got a sad, angry feeling towards him and me :wave: I love them to bits though :love::love:

chloemurray
02-04-2011, 04:55 PM
NEVER..they are rabbits,how can you get angry with them?

if you get angry with anyone because they chew or pee, be angry with yourself for knowingly putting them in a situation where they can damage stuff...that's your fault not theirs!:lol:

Which is why I said I never get angry with them...?

chloemurray
02-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Not really, but when Snowy had myxi, I got a sad, angry feeling towards him and me :wave: I love them to bits though :love::love:

Why were you angry at snowy for getting myxi?:shock:

*lily*
02-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Course not!

Barn Yard Bunnies
02-04-2011, 05:01 PM
No, not that I can think of. Might be disappointed they ruined a few phone sets, my lovely original art deco lamp, the floor boards in the old flat and the new curtains here. :lol::lol:

But I know they are going to ruin something else. Oh they have already, forgot the chewing of my suitcases under the bed and I have no idea what they are up to with the mattress under the bed in the other room. Naughty bunny fun I guess.

Loosy
02-04-2011, 05:03 PM
No of course not. They don't do annoying things on purpose.
I do get frustrated sometimes when I'm trying to do something for the bunnies own good and they don't co-operate, lol.

Radish
02-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Which is why I said I never get angry with them...?

and yet you said you got a twinge of annoyance...over something that a rabbit cannot control LOL humans are funny!

tiger_lily
02-04-2011, 05:07 PM
and yet you said you got a twinge of annoyance...over something that a rabbit cannot control LOL humans are funny!

I think there is a big difference between a twinge of annoyance and being angry! I can be annoyed when I realise that Oscar has chewed threw something, but I don't get angry! The annoyance is usually at myself for not being better prepared...

Bunni_xx
02-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Why were you angry at snowy for getting myxi?:shock:

I really don't know, it was more sad, I was furious with me though. I didn't have the support of anybody, and I was really depressed. I wasn't like 'oh, i hate you, im so angry at you' it was more like 'oh i hate myself' :? I suppose i worded it wrong, i was more frustrated that he wouldnt take his meds, like he didnt care. :cry: I've never got angry at them, but I do get frustrated

Bunni_xx
02-04-2011, 05:09 PM
I think there is a big difference between a twinge of annoyance and being angry! I can be annoyed when I realise that Oscar has chewed threw something, but I don't get angry! The annoyance is usually at myself for not being better prepared...

This. Annoyed at myself, but it felt like I was angry at them? :?

Radish
02-04-2011, 05:11 PM
This. Annoyed at myself, but it felt like I was angry at them? :?

whats the difference between thinking you're angry at them and being angry at them?

tiger_lily
02-04-2011, 05:12 PM
WTF....pointless totally pointless.

That's a bit harsh. I think I understand Bunni- kind of annoyed/angry that you let yourself and your bun get into the situation in the first place?

Bunni_xx
02-04-2011, 05:12 PM
WTF....pointless totally pointless.

what? it was just how i felt, i didnt like it, it was only for half a second, then the blame was totally on me? :roll:

Bunni_xx
02-04-2011, 05:13 PM
That's a bit harsh. I think I understand Bunni- kind of annoyed/angry that you let yourself and your bun get into the situation in the first place?

This EXACTLY. :wave:

Radish
02-04-2011, 05:13 PM

no i'm on two forums at once and posted the reply in the wrong forum LOL

Bunni_xx
02-04-2011, 05:15 PM
whats the difference between thinking you're angry at them and being angry at them?

I just was, I know what I felt thanks :) You don't know what it's like until you experience it yourself :wave:

tiger_lily
02-04-2011, 05:15 PM
no i'm on two forums at once and posted the reply in the wrong forum LOL

Ah ok, I did get quite confused! What was pointless might I ask? (I'm nosey!)

Radish
02-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Ah ok, I did get quite confused! What was pointless might I ask? (I'm nosey!)

a stupid woman who kept calling and calling her sweet little French Bulldog to her..but it wouldn't come when called......when it did eventually come to her she smacked it round the face!!!
she was annoyed she couldn't get it to master recall!!! LOL I was being all outspoken then realised I put the reply on here..LOL quickly swiped it off here and put it where it was meant to be sorry LOL.....I'm too old to multi task obviously :lol:

threelittlepigs
02-04-2011, 05:22 PM
I have got extremely frustrated when I've tried to catch my free-ranging house bunnies when I go away. THey come with me to my parents and have a lovely time there but in the early days it took me literally hours to catch them...

Radish
02-04-2011, 05:22 PM
I just was, I know what I felt thanks :) You don't know what it's like until you experience it yourself :wave:

fortunately I'll never experience it...couldn't ever be angry with an animal...it's an animal..gorgeous funny lovely beautiful but totally natural animal.....nothing could make me angry with them not even for a second...:D

willowholly
02-04-2011, 05:23 PM
I only get angry with them if i'm already angry.Barley is so noisy when she digs,but it doesn't bother me if I'm in a good mood.Caught Dill on my fishing chair chewing it yesterday but as I was in a good mood,I took a photo of him & sent it to hubby & then went to stroke him-so of course,he ran a mile!:lol:

tiger_lily
02-04-2011, 05:24 PM
a stupid woman who kept calling and calling her sweet little French Bulldog to her..but it wouldn't come when called......when it did eventually come to her she smacked it round the face!!!
she was annoyed she couldn't get it to master recall!!! LOL I was being all outspoken then realised I put the reply on here..LOL quickly swiped it off here and put it where it was meant to be sorry LOL.....I'm too old to multi task obviously :lol:

There isn't a lot to say to that other than :roll: I think your reply was well justified! Don't worry about multi-tasking, my OH is 21 and fails miserably at it, it's great fun trying to get him to write random things in his essays!

/endspam :wave:

puppyjess12345
02-04-2011, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't say angry but one thing I do get annoyed at is Grace being so shy and not liking me :oops: I know she just generally doesn't like people, but it makes me feel as if Im doing something wrong.

Other than that little habits don't bother me :wave:

Radish
02-04-2011, 05:28 PM
There isn't a lot to say to that other than :roll: I think your reply was well justified! Don't worry about multi-tasking, my OH is 21 and fails miserably at it, it's great fun trying to get him to write random things in his essays!

/endspam :wave:

LOL as soon as I pressed submit reply I realised i was on the wrong forum.....I was like NOOOOO...but it was slow to load and let me correct it...was swearing like a trooper .....this laptop mousepad is a bit slow or my fingers too shiny which doesn't help cos often the cursor won't move when I want it to and sometimes I submit a half reply without intending to lol

allie1904
Bunnies will be bunnies and althought it's a right pain in the **** if he wee's in his bed, oh well, boys will be boys. Can't get annoyed looking at that sweet little faces :lol:

BattleKat
The fact things aren't on purpose and there's nobody to 'blame' doesn't mean you have no right to feel annoyed at the situation:?

I don't really get angry at my rabbits but certain things are very frustrating, like when they insist on using their bed as a toilet or when they manage to pull the hay rack off the wall despite many adjustments to keep it there! It's not that I'm annoyed with them I just get a "ffs!" moment because it's frustrating.

Elena
02-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Usually, no. I will usually blame myself but the other day I was really low on sleep and low generally and :oops: I admit I did shout at them. I was trying to get to sleep after about 24 hours without sleep and Mischa was intent on emptying his litter tray that I'd JUST changed. And yes I felt guilty straight away afterwards.

Georgeypudding
02-04-2011, 05:33 PM
I dont get angry, just annoyed if they do something like pee on the bed or bite me.

I did get frustrated/angry/upset when they were ill and not getting better, I was trying my hardest to make them well and they weren't co-operating! I did wish I could have healthy rabbits but in reality I'd never swap them :lol:

Radish
02-04-2011, 05:38 PM
The fact things aren't on purpose and there's nobody to 'blame' doesn't mean you have no right to feel annoyed at the situation:?

I don't really get angry at my rabbits but certain things are very frustrating, like when they insist on using their bed as a toilet or when they manage to pull the hay rack off the wall despite many adjustments to keep it there! It's not that I'm annoyed with them I just get a "ffs!" moment because it's frustrating.

well we're all different but I wouldn't own rabbits if they were going to make me feel that way.....there is no "right to feel annoyed"lol...simply for me it is incomprehensible to feel that way about something an animal has done.....when you own an animal you know that it isn't a human being with the same power of reasoning lol.....it's humans I don't get at all lol..totally get my animals:lol::lol:

benkat
02-04-2011, 05:40 PM
:wave: I've never got angry with my girls. However, I have cursed to myself about the holes they have dug in the garden when I put my foot down one :roll:

Bunni_xx
02-04-2011, 05:40 PM
I dont get angry, just annoyed if they do something like pee on the bed or bite me.

I did get frustrated/angry/upset when they were ill and not getting better, I was trying my hardest to make them well and they weren't co-operating! I did wish I could have healthy rabbits but in reality I'd never swap them :lol:

It is frustrating, this is probably exactly how i felt, it was like he was making no effort to get better :cry:

Radish, i know they're animals, but my rabbit chewed my phone - i felt annoyed then because it was expensive.

allie1904
02-04-2011, 05:41 PM
well we're all different but I wouldn't own rabbits if they were going to make me feel that way.....there is no "right to feel annoyed"lol...simply for me it is incomprehensible to feel that way about something an animal has done.....when you own an animal you know that it isn't a human being with the same power of reasoning lol.....it's humans I don't get at all lol..totally get my animals:lol::lol:

I know..If the OH pee'd on the floor, I'd kill him. If the bunny pee'd on the floor he'd get a cuddle :lol:

Georgeypudding
02-04-2011, 05:44 PM

we cant all be saints :? :roll:

Elena
02-04-2011, 05:44 PM

This. :wave:

shell1805
02-04-2011, 05:47 PM

^ second this. i dont mean to get angry with them but i guess i could say i get frustrated with them if they are in one of their 'im gonna destroy and get into everything moods' :lol:

though come on, your saying you have never done something that has annoyed ya bun and that they have sulked for a bit afterwards??? or am i the only one with drama queen buns :roll: :lol:

it works both ways, we dont speak the same language as them and so both parties are bound to get a but frustrated from time to time :wave:

Elena
02-04-2011, 05:48 PM
though come on, your saying you have never done something that has annoyed ya bun and that they have sulked for a bit afterwards??? or am i the only one with drama queen buns :roll: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: This too!

allie1904
02-04-2011, 05:48 PM

it works both ways, we dont speak the same language as them and so both parties are bound to get a but frustrated from time to time :wave:

Closing the Jar of fenugreek crunchies..the finding a poop in your bed :shock: Pay back me thinks.

Janey
02-04-2011, 05:50 PM
I must admit I do a little sometimes!! When Peter is digging and shredding newspaper when I'm trying to sleep it is very annoying!! I know it's natural etc but that doesn't make me feel much better when I'm tired!!

It doesn't mean I love him any less, I would do anything for him, it just means I'm not clearly not as tolerant as some people!! That's what I think anyway!!

mini lop1
02-04-2011, 05:52 PM
no :)

shell1805
02-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Closing the Jar of fenugreek crunchies..the finding a poop in your bed :shock: Pay back me thinks.

:lol: totally, bella just turns her back on me :roll:

Georgeypudding
02-04-2011, 05:55 PM

:lol: not emptying the bag of pellets into thier run and getting shown the bum :lol:

shell1805
02-04-2011, 05:58 PM
case in point:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff202/shell1805/012-7.jpg

:lol:

Radish
02-04-2011, 06:00 PM

don't see anyone claiming to be a saint:roll: so as far as you're concerned it isn't acceptable for someone to have a different opinion?

I'm not about to pretend my animals make me feel annoyed if they don't......diversity obviously a little much for some of you lol I rest my case ...I just don't get you people!!:lol::lol:

fruitandnutcake
02-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Any parents out there may know that feeling when your young child goes to run out into the road in front of a car - when you pull them back just in time - you get that sudden feeling of anger ( especially if they know better).

Well this is the feeling I get when one of my bunnies decides they don't want to go back to their walk-in run at the end of a day's free ranging and dusk is rapidly approaching. I start to get really panicky and then get angry - but I never shout at them. I feel like this because I lost my Steffi to a fox, because she chose to hide from me, and refused to return to her run. I spent ages trying to get her in, so thought I'd give her a few minutes whilst I got my children ready for bed. In that half hour as dusk fell, she was gone :( I'll never forgive myself for leaving her for that half hour. That was over two years ago - and I'll never forget how I found her that half hour later.

Wires, brand new settee, play station controllers, curtains, carpet etc. can be chewed as much as they want because they are replaceable - and I'm only annoyed at myself for not making sure doors are shut etc.

BattleKat
02-04-2011, 06:05 PM
There's a huge difference between being annoyed with the animal and being annoyed at the situation. :? I'm perfectly aware that my rabbits don't know what i do and don't want them to do, which is why I get annoyed at the situation and not with them.

To me that's like saying if your rabbit got myxo you wouldn't have a right to feel upset, because it's nobody's fault and it's just a risk we take in having rabbits.:?

Of course people have a right to feel emotions, I think you've got to have a bit of a screw loose if you just think "aww what a lovely gorgeous creature you are" when one of your animals destroys something valuable or scratches/chews through a favourite tee shirt.:lol:

chloemurray
02-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Just to clear it up for you Radish, when I said a twinge of annoyance, I didn't neccessarily mean it was directed towards the buns....:lol:

And also, people aren't objecting to diversity or a difference in opinion, it's the way you're making some members out to be because sometimes they get annoyed at stuff their rabbits do.... and saying you don't "get" them. I admire the patience you must have with your rabbits.

Georgeypudding
02-04-2011, 06:12 PM
don't see anyone claiming to be a saint:roll: so as far as you're concerned it isn't acceptable for someone to have a different opinion?

I'm not about to pretend my animals make me feel annoyed if they don't......diversity obviously a little much for some of you lol I rest my case ...I just don't get you people!!:lol::lol:

you're making out that you are better than the rest of us because we get annoyed/upset and you dont! You dont have to pretend but dont go around saying "oh you shouldnt do that, I dont do that, you dont have the right to do that, its stupid, I dont understand you people"
:roll:

Radish
02-04-2011, 06:13 PM
There's a huge difference between being annoyed with the animal and being annoyed at the situation. :? I'm perfectly aware that my rabbits don't know what i do and don't want them to do, which is why I get annoyed at the situation and not with them.

To me that's like saying if your rabbit got myxo you wouldn't have a right to feel upset, because it's nobody's fault and it's just a risk we take in having rabbits.:?

Of course people have a right to feel emotions, I think you've got to have a bit of a screw loose if you just think "aww what a lovely gorgeous creature you are" when one of your animals destroys something valuable or scratches/chews through a favourite tee shirt.:lol:

No I said there is no "right to be annoyed" I did not mention emotions at all, please don't attribute that suggestion to me thank you.
Perhaps the difference is that I don't allow my rabbits into a situation where they are going to do any harm so I have never experienced annoyance.....mine do not come into the house, they live outside, they don't get treats or pelleted food, they have large runs and a diet of hay and fresh veg only...they just live like rabbits, not like they're little people to whom I could attribute emotions like sulking etc

If you feel that not getting annoyed with a rabbit means a person has a screw loose then I feel really sorry because I think that's terribly sad.:(

shell1805
02-04-2011, 06:16 PM
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff202/shell1805/027-4.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff202/shell1805/002-20.jpg

bella and jasper aka as GRUMPIOUS-MAXIMUS!!!

allie1904
02-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Say what?

http://img.pixady.com/photo_9_5.jpg

shell1805
02-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Say what?

http://img.pixady.com/photo_9_5.jpg

:lol: do you think we arre tryint to break the tension ;)

Radish
02-04-2011, 06:18 PM
you're making out that you are better than the rest of us because we get annoyed/upset and you dont! You dont have to pretend but dont go around saying "oh you shouldnt do that, I dont do that, you dont have the right to do that, its stupid, I dont understand you people"

LOL please find anywhere in my posts where I say I'm better than you...I'm simply stating that I feel differently...and really I don't understand you at all.. i don't beleive I have said anyone is stupid either but I do have the opinion that it is incomprehensible to me to be annoyed at a rabbit LOL

I also didn't say anywhere that I don't get upset, my rabbit Radish died and I was very upset...I just cannot be annoyed with a rabbit or the things a rabbit does...so as much as I don't get you, you clearly don't get me either which is absolutely fine by me, I don't need you to but please don't attribute things to me which I have not said...thank you :D

Georgeypudding
02-04-2011, 06:18 PM
No I said there is no "right to be annoyed" I did not mention emotions at all, please don't attribute that suggestion to me thank you.
Perhaps the difference is that I don't allow my rabbits into a situation where they are going to do any harm so I have never experienced annoyance.....mine do not come into the house, they live outside, they don't get treats or pelleted food, they have large runs and a diet of hay and fresh veg only...they just live like rabbits, not like they're little people to whom I could attribute emotions like sulking etc

If you feel that not getting annoyed with a rabbit means a person has a screw loose then I feel really sorry because I think that's terribly sad.:(

So your rabbits dont get angry, or happy or sad?

SisterMoonbeam
02-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Haha, just so happens I got angry at Angel today as she would NOT come out from under the bed and I needed to trim her nails :evil:

shell1805
No I said there is "no right to be annoyed" I did not mention emotions at all, please don't attribute that suggestion to me thank you.

i think its the fact that you are brandishing comments like that, that is causing offence to people. who are you to say whats right???

we are all different and treat our animals differently :)

Bunni_xx

Sorry, but I second this :wave: I think that's the way your posts come across, like you're better than us :?

allie1904

Course not ;)

I can't be doing with confrontation so I'll just divert attention :roll:

steph182
02-04-2011, 06:20 PM
I get frustrated with them now and then.
Like if Charlie is being overly randy and keeps humping her it frustrates me. I don't get angry though

Radish
02-04-2011, 06:20 PM

there's no tension on my part but that is one cute rabbit:D

Jack's-Jane
02-04-2011, 06:21 PM

Well I aspire to be so perfect :D

I get annoyed sometimes, but they dont know or care :lol:

Radish
02-04-2011, 06:23 PM
So your rabbits dont get angry, or happy or sad?

I have no idea, they're rabbits.....they eat and drink and binky and run and flop out in the sunshine but I have no idea what they are feeling....they hop wiggle their bums and twitch their noses....maybe those things indicate they're "happy"...who knows

all I know is they have great teeth,great coats and are fit and healthy...I can only assume they are "happy" or whatever a rabbit feels..:D

Georgeypudding
02-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Well I aspire to be so perfect :D

I get annoyed sometimes, but they dont know or care :lol:

aslong as you feed them they dont care about anything :lol:

Jack's-Jane
02-04-2011, 06:25 PM
aslong as you feed them they dont care about anything :lol:

I know my place !! :lol:

Georgeypudding
I have no idea, they're rabbits.....they eat and drink and binky and run and flop out in the sunshine but I have no idea what they are feeling....they hop wiggle their bums and twitch their noses....maybe those things indicate they're "happy"...who knows

all I know is they have great teeth,great coats and are fit and healthy...I can only assume they are "happy" or whatever a rabbit feels..:D

Binkying is happiness
Biteing/struggling/thumping are signs of unhappiness

Fairly sure those are emotions

Georgeypudding
I know my place !! :lol:

like a good bunnyslave should :lol:

*lily*
Well, I'm perfect so live with it :lol::lol:

shell1805
02-04-2011, 06:26 PM

do your buns ever interact with you??? do they come to you of their own accord??

chloemurray
02-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Well, I'm perfect so live with it :lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

Radish
02-04-2011, 06:31 PM
I'll make this a general reply....

I have been accused of "brandishing" a comment....:lol:

there are clearly a lot of frustrated people on here because there isn't anywhere where I have claimed to be perfect...I simply treat my animals as animals and don't attribute human feelings to them since we can only surmise what they feel.

for those of you who think I'm claiming to be better than you, the problem lies with how you are feeling and I have no control over how you wish to perceive my comments...that's up to you...
at the end of the day I don't need your approval or otherwise but I sincerely worry for the mental health of people who can get annoyed with rabbits....:wave:

BattleKat
02-04-2011, 06:31 PM
I was just explaining it from my point of view. Frustration/annoyance is as much an emotion as sorrow or greif. We all have a right to feel these emotions.

Most of the frustration with mine comes when I have to catch them to check bums/ears/claws or to take them to the vet. It can take a long time and I've often ended up with ripped tee shirts thanks to Eli. :lol:

I never said that, I suggest you read it more carefully. ;)

The issue here is that you've implied, well said actually, that we don't have a right to feel annoyed at a situation. :shock:

chloemurray
02-04-2011, 06:33 PM

there are clearly a lot of frustrated people on here because there isn't anywhere where I have claimed to be perfect...I simply treat my animals as animals and don't attribute human feelings to them since we can only surmise what they feel.

for those of you who think I'm claiming to be better than you, the problem lies with how you are feeling and I have no control over how you wish to perceive my comments...that's up to you...
at the end of the day I don't need your approval or otherwise but I sincerely worry for the mental health of people who can get annoyed with rabbits....:wave:

No one has said they're annoyed at their rabbits, just at the results of some of their behaviour. That's not actually being mad at your pets, it's being mad at what you've let them do.

And I'd appreciate it if you didn't insult anyone's mental health?:shock:

Radish
02-04-2011, 06:35 PM
do your buns ever interact with you??? do they come to you of their own accord??

yes they do, every day...I often feed their greens to them from my hands.....it just makes it easier to pick them up to examine them if they are used to coming to me for other reasons.
sparrow comes to me and gives me a hearty bite first and then has her food...I know she's going to bite so I'm prepared for the ouch:lol:

shell1805
02-04-2011, 06:36 PM

:shock:

that is both rude and offensive!!!!!!

Radish
02-04-2011, 06:38 PM
No one has said they're annoyed at their rabbits, just at the results of some of their behaviour. That's not actually being mad at your pets, it's being mad at what you've let them do.

And I'd appreciate it if you didn't insult anyone's mental health?:shock:

it isn't about insulting someones mental health someone earlier implied not getting annoyed about something a rabbit had done suggests a screw loose...much the same implication.
is it really normal to feel so much frustration/anger/annoyance/irritation or what have you about something done by a rabbit?

Bunni_xx

I actually found that EXTREMELY offencive :shock: It was such a rude comment, I actually laughed :roll: We don't get annoyed at them, as chloe said, but at their behaviours.

shell1805
yes they do, every day...I often feed their greens to them from my hands.....it just makes it easier to pick them up to examine them if they are used to coming to me for other reasons.
sparrow comes to me and gives me a hearty bite first and then has her food...I know she's going to bite so I'm prepared for the ouch:lol:

why feed them their greens??

why interact???

buns in the wild wouldn't go near a human and as you have said, you treat your rabbits as rabbits.... the rest of us 'human-ise' ours :roll:

steph182
02-04-2011, 06:40 PM
it isn't about insulting someones mental health someone earlier implied not getting annoyed about something a rabbit had done suggests a screw loose...much the same implication.
is it really normal to feel so much frustration/anger/annoyance/irritation or what have you about something done by a rabbit?

It can be. Depends on the situation. I'd be frustrated if I was ill/very tired and the rabbits wouldn't go to bed. It's frustration at lack of control but rabbits can cause it.
Just like I'm frustrated with my cockatiel because she's mating with her perch... Not anger, but it's a loss of control and not being able to just tell them what to do and explain why

Radish
:shock:

that is both rude and offensive!!!!!!

possibly to you it is but the suggestion of having a screw loose could also be construed as rude and offensive...you are only finding it unacceptable because I have posted it lol...such double standards here :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sky-O
I think what's important to remember is that 'anger' is a cover emotion, often for confusion, sadness, fear, panic, desperation. So really those who get 'angry' or frustrated or annoyed are just feeing that to cover whatever they really feel (such as maybe fear at what might have happened or what might happen, for me its normally sheer desperation and anxiety surrounding sleep and lack off).

I mean, why the hell Sky decided it would be a good idea to chew the baby gate bars at 3am last night, I dont know (well, actually, I do :lol:), but I didn't like it much.

Generally though, if something like that happens, then I work to ensure i find a way to prevent the situation arising again, thus solving the problem.

And with regards to this

I sincerely worry for the mental health of people who can get annoyed with rabbits....

I'm a crazy psycho rabbit lady, so that all about fits. :lol: :thumb:

Bitzy

People aren't feeling 'so much' frustration, as they've tried to explain before ...... slight irritation I think someone said!!

shell1805
02-04-2011, 06:42 PM
possibly to you it is but the suggestion of having a screw loose could also be construed as rude and offensive...you are only finding it unacceptable because I have posted it lol...such double standards here :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i dont have double standards, did i write that comment about a screw loose??

Radish
02-04-2011, 06:42 PM
why feed them their greens??

why interact???

buns in the wild wouldn't go near a human and as you have said, you treat your rabbits as rabbits.... the rest of us 'human-ise' ours :roll:

I explained in my post why I hand feed them....but you obviously missed it so I'll repeat.....it makes it easier to pick them up when i need to examine them and when I need to take them to the vets for their myxo jabs....:D

BattleKat
02-04-2011, 06:44 PM

actually, I said "I think you've got to have a bit of a screw loose if you just think "aww what a lovely gorgeous creature you are" when one of your animals destroys something valuable or scratches/chews through a favourite tee shirt."
Which I stand by :lol:

and please, read that carefully and think about what I'm actually saying because deciding it means something else.

shell1805
02-04-2011, 06:46 PM
actually, I said "I think you've got to have a bit of a screw loose if you just think "aww what a lovely gorgeous creature you are" when one of your animals destroys something valuable or scratches/chews through a favourite tee shirt."
Which I stand by :lol:

and please, read that carefully and think about what I'm actually saying because deciding it means something else.

^ agree with this. this isnt aimed at anyone to make a point like your comments obviously are radish!!! and people are reacting the way they are because you are being rude!!!

chloemurray
i dont have double standards, did i write that comment about a screw loose??

I didn't see the comment about having a screw loose but yes that's not very nice either..... but it's not double standards I just didn't see it!:lol:

Radish
I think what's important to remember is that 'anger' is a cover emotion, often for confusion, sadness, fear, panic, desperation. So really those who get 'angry' or frustrated or annoyed are just feeing that to cover whatever they really feel (such as maybe fear at what might have happened or what might happen, for me its normally sheer desperation and anxiety surrounding sleep and lack off).

I mean, why the hell Sky decided it would be a good idea to chew the baby gate bars at 3am last night, I dont know (well, actually, I do :lol:), but I didn't like it much.

Generally though, if something like that happens, then I work to ensure i find a way to prevent the situation arising again, thus solving the problem.

And with regards to this

I'm a crazy psycho rabbit lady, so that all about fits. :lol: :thumb:

Finally an explanation I can understand, what a great post...I can understand totally what you are saying....I just don't live with rabbits the way some of you do.....:D

Bunni_xx
02-04-2011, 06:47 PM
Radish - when did it say you had a screw loose meanly???? I think a lot of people are fed-up with you, because you're making offensive comments, what Kath said was not intended to be offensive, but what you said was! Why do you feed them, take them to the vets etc. if you think we humanize them? :roll::?

Jack's-Jane
02-04-2011, 06:48 PM
I sincerely worry for the mental health of people who can get annoyed with rabbits....:wave:

Awww that's so sweet of you :love:

But really, please dont worry about my Mental Health, my Psychiatrist is paid to do that :wave:

chloemurray
02-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Finally an explanation I can understand, what a great post...I can understand totally what you are saying....I just don't live with rabbits the way some of you do.....:D

Isn't what Sky said exactly the same as what everyone else was trying to say?

That we DON'T GET ANNOYED AT OUR RABBITS :lol::D

Barn Yard Bunnies

But really, please dont worry about my Mental Health, my Psychiatrist is paid to do that :wave:

:lol::lol::lol:

Bitzy

:thumb:

shell1805
02-04-2011, 06:50 PM

:lol: jane you made me spit out my tea!!!!!!

chloemurray

Sky-O

I guess that may be the difference. My outside bunnies never cause me anything other than good things or things like fear and sadness- i.e., all primary emotions.

My insiders often trigger secondary emotions, mainly anger, and its invariably when they are noisey at nightime and I can't make them be quiet (such as by moving something, or helping them access something) and, because I can't function if I don't sleep, I panic and get desperate about what tomorrow may bring if I can't sleep tonight. Then, before the next night, I find a way to solve the situation.

So that's what happens for me and why. I think you're completely right when you say that your lifestyle with them is different from the lifestyle others have with theirs. Nothing wrong with that, its just differences :)

Radish
02-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Radish - when did it say you had a screw loose meanly???? I think a lot of people are fed-up with you, because you're making offensive comments, what Kath said was not intended to be offensive, but what you said was! Why do you feed them, take them to the vets etc. if you think we humanize them? :roll::?

If people are fed up with me that's fine, like I say I don't need your approval, if my comments have been interpreted by you as offensive the problem lies with you..I have not used bad language or called anyone names etc...I feed my animals because they would die of starvation if they didn't eat and no human would stand by and not feed their animals..I also get them vaccinated against myxo rather than risk them dying from it...would have thought that was a bit of a no brainer!:D

BattleKat
02-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Isn't what Sky said exactly the same as what everyone else was trying to say?

That we DON'T GET ANNOYED AT OUR RABBITS :lol::D

my thoughts exactly! :lol:

Bunni_xx
If people are fed up with me that's fine, like I say I don't need your approval, if my comments have been interpreted by you as offensive the problem lies with you..I have not used bad language or called anyone names etc...I feed my animals because they would die of starvation if they didn't eat and no human would stand by and not feed their animals..I also get them vaccinated against myxo rather than risk them dying from it...would have thought that was a bit of a no brainer!:D

I was being sarcastic BTW :lol:

shell1805

rabbits dont get vaccinated in the wild.... actually why do you keep rabbits at all?? just out of interest

Bunni_xx
02-04-2011, 06:55 PM
rabbits dont get vaccinated in the wild.... actually why do you keep rabbits at all?? just out of interest

I too, would like to know this

*lily*
02-04-2011, 06:57 PM
You're all just going round in circles, just accept everyone is different in their opinions or this thread will end up in the padlock club.

shell1805
02-04-2011, 06:58 PM
You're all just going round in circles, just accept everyone is different in their opinions or this thread will end up in the padlock club.

she started it *sticks tongue out*

joking guys :wave:

Radish
02-04-2011, 06:59 PM

no rabbits don't get vaccinated in the wild but then I don't own wild rabbits......I keep them because I find them interesting to watch, they're easy to care for and one of them was going to be snake food and I took her on rather than see her end up inside a python....I actually didn't want another rabbit at the time but I couldn't in all conscience walk away and leave her to be lunch.
She is the bitey one.....I enjoy having them.

shell1805
02-04-2011, 07:00 PM
no rabbits don't get vaccinated in the wild but then I don't own wild rabbits......I keep them because I find them interesting to watch, they're easy to care for and one of them was going to be snake food and I took her on rather than see her end up inside a python....I actually didn't want another rabbit at the time but I couldn't in all conscience walk away and leave her to be lunch.

fair enough

Jaysmonkey
02-04-2011, 07:01 PM
No I never do, they do what's natural to them. I love them and it weren't for them and my O/H, I'd have no purpose to live.

Bunni_xx
02-04-2011, 07:01 PM

Cool

shell1805
02-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Cool

(look at us doing as we were told ;) come join me on the high road)

*lily*
02-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Awwww you can all have a sticker for being nice :D

shell1805
02-04-2011, 07:08 PM

thank you thank you, id like to thank my mother, father..... lol oh yeah, i have an oscar speech prepared :lol:

Bunni_xx
02-04-2011, 07:10 PM

Thank you! Me good girl :p

(look at us doing as we were told ;) come join me on the high road)

OK :D *hops on tricycle*

chloemurray
02-04-2011, 07:12 PM
I didn't realise this thread would be so serious:lol:

allie1904
02-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Well.

You go and make a vegetable strifry and all hell breaks loose :lol:

Oh well, my rabbits may not be 'real' rabbits but they are happy and that's what matters.

and for the record, I am proud to be a crazy rabbit lady! and yes if I kiss and cuddle and sniff and let my bunnies sleep in bed, I MUST have mental health issues :roll:

Heather&Bart-MyLittleBuns
02-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Never angry, not really annoyed either. Umm don't quite know how to explain it :? Normally its because of something like - I'm late for school, I go out to see to the rabbits and discover they've decided to have a hay party in the night :roll: Meaning I then end up running for the bus!

I normally go to either Heather or Barty, "did you really have to do that?" And they'll stretch up on their hind legs and bash noses with me :roll::love: And I'll just say "I'll take that as a yes then!" :love:

And yes I do have conversations with my bunnies :oops:

Jodes
02-04-2011, 08:36 PM
I dont angry but theres a few moments where i say 'oh my god digs what have ya got in ya mouth now' lol....yesterday it was my cds....today,hes chewed a tiny bit of plastic on my laptop wire :shock: (not quite high enough lol) it was my census form the other day lol...
I'm still learning about buns chewing habits...lol...a week today i become a bunny mummy :love:

happysaz133
02-04-2011, 08:38 PM
I do get angry with them, mostly with Jura because she is so aggressive and hates me.

I know these things will change once they are spayed, but for now...I do get angry. Most days actually. I always have to take myself away from them :lol:

I love them of course, but the drive me bonkers sometimes.

Lops
02-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Normally, No.

But I did get a little annoyed with Cilla during bonding last week :oops:

because so was so evil to Maudy moo :cry:

They are friends now tho :wave:

beckie20
02-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Everyday.

I tidy up their hutch every day, make it all nice and clean, and when I uncover them the next morning it looks like a bombs gone off :shock:

I find it very rude, and quite unnecessary.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lops
02-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Everyday.

I tidy up their hutch every day, make it all nice and clean, and when I uncover them the next morning it looks like a bombs gone off :shock:

I find it very rude, and quite unnecessary.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hahaaaa, that really made me giggle! :lol: :lol: :lol:

emmiiee
02-04-2011, 09:25 PM
I do get angry at them, but it never lasts long ha! and I don't reli show my angry at them lol!

thumps_
02-04-2011, 10:02 PM
I see no problem with FEELING cross/angry/annoyed/frustrated by a bunny's behaviour, especially when we feel under a lot of pressure from other sources, or can't understand what's triggering it. It's how we deal with those negative feelings which matters.

I'd only got annoyed with Thumper for a period of about 2 weeks, when he was going through adolescence. It started with the physical - growling, & pawing the air if I put a hand in "his space". We got through that quickly but Thumper decided to continue the contest for "top rabbit" in the house psychologically, by being annoying on purpose. He'd won if he succeeded in irritating me. So I'd sing (tunelessly) cheerful songs if I began to feel irritated. All the annoying behaviour stopped within 2 weeks.

We've rubbed along fine for the other 5 years. I surprised myself that I really don't get cross with him. Perhaps I can see his viewpoint, find he's being very reasonable, & usually end up laughing. It's by far the best relationship I've ever had with an animal.

Georgeypudding
02-04-2011, 11:02 PM
I didn't realise this thread would be so serious:lol:

why so serious..... :lol:

Gem
02-04-2011, 11:17 PM
Yes, I get angry with them.

I got very angry not so long ago when a persistent escaper kept getting out of her pen and when just a few days after she chewed a huge hole in the side of the shed overnight and went for a walk :evil:

The daft thing is I know it's not her fault, the chewing is natural. I just can't find a way to keep her entertained for long enough :cry:

Therefore it's entirely my fault not hers :love:

Alicia
02-04-2011, 11:21 PM
I get angry with myself rather than the rabbits. Recently I've been feeling annoyed that Molly doesn't trust/like me, and I was annoyed with myself because I thought it must be my fault, but I just reminded myself that I haven't had them long and they are still settling in, and now I feel much more positive about it and have just decided to keep trying to gain her trust :)

youthnovels
02-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Annoyed no, fustrated yes.

Lois is terrified of people. I'm slowly making progress with her but then we take five steps backwards and it's so disheartening. I wish I could just tell her that it's going to be okay and that I'm not going to hurt her. I'm not annoyed at her, just the situation and frustrated as her/Leo are treated exactly the same to Archie & Blanche but they act completely differently towards me. I

I am annoyed at the people who abused her before she came to me though :censored:

If they poop on my bed or wee everywhere, I don't mind. Yes it's a pain but ultimately I'm the one who let them in that space so I'm the one to blame.

Even if I were annoyed at them, after one look at their cute faces I'm sure the anger would cease :lol:

Justine
02-04-2011, 11:40 PM
It's like with children, you don't like the behaviour they show sometimes but it doesn't mean you don't like the child.

happybun
03-04-2011, 12:00 AM
no, not since tabby stopped serious biting

loppy ears
03-04-2011, 12:05 AM
It would not be fair to be angry at animals, they live in the here and now and would not understand why you were angry and this would confuse and upset them.

chloemurray
03-04-2011, 07:38 AM
Annoyed no, fustrated yes.

Lois is terrified of people. I'm slowly making progress with her but then we take five steps backwards and it's so disheartening. I wish I could just tell her that it's going to be okay and that I'm not going to hurt her. I'm not annoyed at her, just the situation and frustrated as her/Leo are treated exactly the same to Archie & Blanche but they act completely differently towards me. I

I am annoyed at the people who abused her before she came to me though :censored:

If they poop on my bed or wee everywhere, I don't mind. Yes it's a pain but ultimately I'm the one who let them in that space so I'm the one to blame.

Even if I were annoyed at them, after one look at their cute faces I'm sure the anger would cease :lol:

I think you've put it in quite a good way, it is more frustration than anger that I guess most people feel.
I get really frustrated about the situation with nahla for the exact same reasons you have with lois - yes its upsetting and frustrating but it doesn't mean I'm angry at HER. Because I'm not.

I'm actually really worried that if/when the three bond nahla's behaviour will rub off on benji and cupcake and they'll all hate me!:lol:

luvabun
03-04-2011, 07:59 AM
I have been told I'm way too indulgent with my buns. As an example, the 2 Pretty Boys (Billie-joe & Chester) have a bedroom to themselves. I can't put any bedding on the bed as they shred pillows, sheets, duvets - the lot. I've also had to change the bed as it was a divan type with the closed in base but they made a hole in that to make it their warren :roll:

When I've walked in and seen feathers and material all over the place, I've been angry momentarily then seen the funny side (if anyone has seen the Marilyn Manson video to Tainted Love - that's what my bedroom has looked like :lol:). My excuse is that it's my fault for putting them in an alien environment and they're just displaying natural bunny behaviour :lol:

chloemurray
03-04-2011, 09:02 AM
I have been told I'm way too indulgent with my buns. As an example, the 2 Pretty Boys (Billie-joe & Chester) have a bedroom to themselves. I can't put any bedding on the bed as they shred pillows, sheets, duvets - the lot. I've also had to change the bed as it was a divan type with the closed in base but they made a hole in that to make it their warren :roll:

When I've walked in and seen feathers and material all over the place, I've been angry momentarily then seen the funny side (if anyone has seen the Marilyn Manson video to Tainted Love - that's what my bedroom has looked like :lol:). My excuse is that it's my fault for putting them in an alien environment and they're just displaying natural bunny behaviour :lol:

That does sound quite funny:lol:

MichelleGsPets
03-04-2011, 02:42 PM
I've got angry over something they did but never showed my anger out on them if you get what I mean?

Sometimes when I'm trying to get the rabbits back in there cage they go behind the cage and won't come out for ages, then when they do come out and I go to grab them they hop back in again LOL. Cooper squessed through a little opening only about two inches yesterday and wouldnt come out for me :P

But I just end up laughing over it. But some part of me is a bit fed up and annoyed LOL.

They're too cute and funny to be mad at.

Justine
03-04-2011, 03:30 PM
My daughter keeps sleeping on the settee with her quilt. In the mornings, it's hanging over the buns favourite spot to sit when they are let out of their pen. My daughter noticed the other day that she had big holes in her quilt cover and got a bit annoyed about it, even though it's not actually her cover. I have been seeing Snowy chewing it a few times and tried to stop her but she carries on. I said said to the daughter, well if you will have it over the buns, what do you expect. It's a quilt cover, get over it. :roll:

shadow05
03-04-2011, 03:34 PM
I guess I was just wondering, because no matter what they do, I just can't be angry at them.

Yeah sometimes I get a twinge of annoyance if they chew my bed or pee on my floor... but it's gone as quick as it comes.

What about you?:):wave:

i do but it never lasts long he normally does something funny after wards. its mostly when he pees on stuff that annoyes me. hes a pain to put back in his cage but wat u gonna do?