• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jack and Lucky have stopped eating hay! Help

whitehood

Warren Veteran
Is there any ways I can encourage them to eat it ?
Its meadow hay from tescos, they didn't have a problem with it before.
They'll happily eat pellets but not hay!
I'm just wasting it now.!
When I'm going to clean the run and litter tray I'm going to tip it down the soil (compost)
I want them to eat hay more than pellets.
I've tried only giving them hay and not pellets for the day.
So if they are hungry the only thing they can eat is hay.

Help?

If they are used to pellets every day you shouldn't just stop giving feeding them, slowly cut them down, I would suggest you try a different hay maybe excel hay with dandelions in. Lola will only eat 1 type out of 8 types of hay I have tried its all trial and error.

If they are used to pellets every day you shouldn't just stop giving feeding them, slowly cut them down, I would suggest you try a different hay maybe excel hay with dandelions in. Lola will only eat 1 type out of 8 types of hay I have tried its all trial and error.

I don't give them pellets everyday, I give them hay everyday and pellets once a day.

If they have suddenly stopped eating hay then they need to go to the vets for a check of their teeth, in my opinion.

Make sure the vet looks into the back of their mouths properly with a little metal tool thing.

Back