• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many times did you change housing?

Bunni_xx

Mama Doe
Before you got it perfect? I've changed it 4 times

5ft Hutch
3ft Hutch + 6ft run
7ft Extra run extension
Original hutch inside run

Cost about £50 :shock:

Last edited:
Went from 4ft hutch with run attached to 6ft hutch and free range time to shed - then two sheds as numbers increased :oops:

From the begining? Well when I was little I think my parents kept a bunny in a 3ft hutch, then I got floppy and my dad built a 4 foot double. Then Dylan and Barney had run of the hot tub area, then they get they're own 6ftx4ft run with attached 6x2ft hutch. Then I used that for Rosie and Ted. Then I got Elliot and Grace who got the shed, then I split the shed in half for each pair. Then one pair had a 6x4ft run and the others had a 7.5ftx3ft run. The guineas got the 6ft hutch. Then they bonded and they have a 7x5ft shed with 6x4ft run and a seperate run on the grass.

Phew, I think i've changed it a couple of times.... :oops::lol:

I always seem to be changing housing around. Just never satisfied :lol::lol: Due another shift around this weekend with my lush new hutch coming!

my housing so far...

1. coop style hutch/run that had a 5x2 run and smaller inside space.
2. bigger coop style hutch/run that was 4x3 inside space and a 6x3 outside space.
3. Made a run to add on to the big coop which made a total 6x6 run space so it met rspca spec.
4. 8x6 shed with similar sized run.

Animal housing upgrades are never ending for me though :lol: Just spent £200 building a new chicken run just because I didn't like the look of the old one :oops:

Cost about £50 :shock:

£50 - that's not much. ;) Is that a typo? :lol:

I've only upgraded once. I thought I'd done my homework and got a 6x2 hutch over 6x4 run (£130) but got fed up of getting soaking wet in the winter and got a 12x4 kennel/run.

I got some money back for the hutch/run so only really wasted approx £70 - plus extras such as plywood/tiles etc to line the hutch. :oops:

Its not perfect by any means but we started out with a 2 storey hutch (not sure what measurements) and a 4x4 run attached at the front. Then we added an 8x4 run on to the front of the 4x4 run. Then we moved the hutch in to a 7x4 shed and attached the 8x4 run on it. We sometimes add a temporary run on to the end of that. But the 7x5 shed plus 8x4 run is the basic permanent accommodation. I wish it could be bigger.

£50 - that's not much. ;) Is that a typo? :lol:

I've only upgraded once. I thought I'd done my homework and got a 6x2 hutch over 6x4 run (£130) but got fed up of getting soaking wet in the winter and got a 12x4 kennel/run.

I got some money back for the hutch/run so only really wasted approx £70 - plus extras such as plywood/tiles etc to line the hutch. :oops:

Nope - first hutch we had lying around, hutch and run my grandad built (£40), then the run extension we already had, but had to make modifications (£12) and then the original hutch :thumbsup:

Started off with a 3ft 2 tier (before I knew anything about rabbits - hutch came with Molly).
Added 7ft run to it
Bought 5ft 2 tier hutch
Adopted Buzz to keep Molly company
Bought larger trixie grass run as well (and a second one)
Upgraded to 8x4 kennel/run for the 2 small buns
Adopted Alfie and Tilly so they now have the kennel/run and the smaller buns are back in the hutch though I have an 8ft run with a 3ft x 4ft indoor area which needs to be built just waiting for someone to help me do it
Am planning on a large shed in a few weeks when I move house for Alfie & Tilly so the smaller 2 can have their kennel back

NB. I know the early ones were bad.

Mischa - hutch
Mini and Mischa - double hutch
Mini and Mischa - indoors in two indoor cages put together
Mini, Mischa and Nutmeg - same as above
Mini, Mischa and Nutmeg - 5 foot by 3 foot NIC cube enclosure
Mini and Mischa - free range in my room with dog crate
Nutmeg and Smudge - 5 foot by 3 foot NIC cube enclosure

Now...

Mini and Mischa - free range in my room without dog crate
Nutmeg and Smudge - free range in the study room

Had the 4ft indoor cage Barney came with, with free range for 6-8 hrs
Now a 4.8x4.8ft NIC pen with free range all day but not night

In July I'll be moving so it'll change again, to free range 24/7 in the lounge, then the rest of the flat in the day time.

Nope - first hutch we had lying around, hutch and run my grandad built (£40), then the run extension we already had, but had to make modifications (£12) and then the original hutch :thumbsup:

That's really good then - most mistakes are usually much more costly. :thumb: :D

*gulp* Is that a typo as well? :lol::lol::lol: It must be very nice now though. :love:

Errmmm, well I attempted to keep Louie confined to a metal pen at night, I already had the pen so cost me nothing. Lasted a week then put said pen round the only accessible wires and left him freerange at night as well, so not much change really!

Firstly Beano had an indoor cage with time out in the house (upstairs only)
Then she had her cage moved to the shed with time out in the shed/outside
Then she had a large dog crate in the shed with time out
Then acess to the shed all day but shut in on a night
Then she had acess to the shed 24/7
Then Gordon came and both of them now have the crate with acess to the 8ft X 6ft shed 24/7 and with a non attatched run soon. I often re arrange their crate round to what suits them but am really happy with it at the mo :)

Firstly Beano had an indoor cage with time out in the house (upstairs only)
Then she had her cage moved to the shed with time out in the shed/outside
Then she had a large dog crate in the shed with time out
Then acess to the shed all day but shut in on a night
Then she had acess to the shed 24/7
Then Gordon came and both of them now have the crate with acess to the 8ft X 6ft shed 24/7 and with a non attatched run soon. I often re arrange their crate round to what suits them but am really happy with it at the mo :)

Do you have pics? x

Back