• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I saw a very strange bunny...

KoShiatar

Mama Doe
...in a pet shop this week. She had short Rex fur all over her body and curly whiskers, but she also had a wooly mane like a lionhead's and some tufty bits on her hips. Also she was Dutch-marked, but not in pure black, because she had light-colored rings around her eyes and a light-colored belly. Definitely the strangest bunny I had ever seen! I didn't even know Rex genes could combine with a mane... :eek:

It is possible to have a rabbit with a rex coat and a lionhead mane, I think a few people in America are trying to develop the breed 'Velvet Lions', never heard of it in this country though

I'm in Germany. I'm not sure what breeding it was - all I can say is that it's the pet shop I had Maia from and they have a breeder they buy their stock from. Mind you, it's better than most pet shops I've seen and Maia was always very healthy if bad tempered, but still. She had an elongated face, much like a mini rexe's. I wonder...

i've no idea about breeds i'm afraid but bunny sounds really sweet - can you sneak a piccy on your phone?

Actually she looked like she had a beard. :lol: I don't think I'd be allowed to take pictures, I'm afraid...

Yep, I remember a couple of rexes with lionhead trim going through rescue.

Back