• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit runs...how big is yours? pics? how big is big enough :D ?

zayna1

Warren Scout
Planning on building a run, but not sure of size...it's going to be folded so space isn't too much of an issue, so it can be as big as it needs...i know bigger is better...i've seen the runs at p@h, and I don't think my rabbits would appreciate being confined to such a small space? It needs to be big enough for them to go wild and burn off a lot of energy (which they love to do in their current run, but they are starting to out grow it :oops:)

I used to have a 8ftx6ft foldable run, i wouldnt personally go smaller than that if they dont get free range time. My four have a shed with attached 8x8 avairy, but they get free range time too.

IMG_4778.jpg

My old run... (now part of the avairy!!)

ABCD0002-1.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 6x4ft run which is attatched to my rabbits hutch, and one of my rabbits gets free range time in the garden every day (the other rabbit doesn't come back so for now she can't free range)

Here's my run:
therabbithutch001.jpg

This is mine, they have the 6x2x2 hutch with 6x4 run, and a little sliding door out into the 6x6 run. They have day access to the 6x6 run and are shut into the 6x4 run and hutch at night. I think I worked it out to 72 square foot during the day. They also get to free range around the rest of the garden on nice days (there's a big gate on the side of the 6x6 run so I can just open that and let them out).

5132364956_e98f7a2dbd.jpg

the DIY slidey door courtesy of my dad:
5421707538_39094e33c9.jpg

Last edited:
I used to have a 8ftx6ft foldable run, i wouldnt personally go smaller than that if they dont get free range time. My four have a shed with attached 8x8 avairy, but they get free range time too.

IMG_4778.jpg

My old run... (now part of the avairy!!)

ABCD0002-1.jpg

Oooh that looks brill..do you mind me asking where you bought it and how much? :oops: thanks :) (the innitial run i mean)

My pairs run is 14ft x 3ft. They don't have a huge hutch (3ft) so have a bigger hutch inside. I'm gonna build a 5ft extension this weekend though, so 19ft xx

ETA - personally, now I know how much my 2 love the space, I wouldn't go smaller than 9 x 3 xx

Mine have an 8x6 run, attatched to an 8x6 shed.

They also have a 6x4 fold away run that they go in for time on the grass.

S7301127.jpg

Back