• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where are all the wildies?

Bea & Floss

Mama Doe
Mmm been thinking the same thing when walking the dogs, there's no shortage of them on our field though which makes me suspicious:? Think they may have been gassing them:(

I've been out and about for weeks but I have not seen a single wild bunny! Where are they all? I miss seeing the bunnies in the hedgerows and fields.

Think they've all moved my way, there are loads down here! I had to stop yesturday because a dinky little baby bun decided to sit in the middle of the road :shock: when i stopped he then decided to go run in the bush :)

I normally see some on the way to work, only a small handful. But haven't seen any yet so far.

I have spotted the first baby bunnies of the year at my uni. :love:
It's very sad because every year the whole population get myxo, but they have an immunity to it and although some die, many survive the virus and then pass this immunity onto their kits. So over the winter the population is very scarce but they multiply like rabbits in the spring. :)
With time I hope they build up a full immunity to it. I love natural selection. But I hate the person who made the virus in the first place...

I've seen lots in the lanes around here. Lots of little baby tennis balls bouncing around!

I have a family who live in my garden/the field next door, mummy and daddy rabbit and six babies. I've been seeing them every night for the past few days and the babies are tiny! If I go very quietly I can get fairly close before they run back to wherever they live. I don't want to get to close to them or walk where they've been incase I spread something to Beano and Gordon though. It's lovely seeing the wild buns although I worry about the safety of my pet buns and don't encourage them to my garden.

Back