• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anybun live in

accomodation that is painted/stained "Cedar red" or "Red Cedar"? Sorry its another housing thread, but i got some red cadar stain for the play hosue today, and dad said i should take it back because it looks ":censored: awful" when its dry. :?

Im sure ive seen this colour on a playhouse before, but dad disagreed and now im worried, so if anyone has one this colour, PLEASE show me as i need to take it back tomorrow and swap it if not.

I'm with your Dad on this one... I think it should be renamed "international orange" as it dries like the colour of the Golden Gate Bridge :lol:

I'm with your Dad on this one... I think it should be renamed "international orange" as it dries like the colour of the Golden Gate Bridge :lol:

Ohhh Jeezzz!! :lol::lol::lol:

I dont know what colour to go for :? Im not aloud to paint it with cuprinol garden shades, it has to be a boring shed and fence preserve :roll:

Ohhh Jeezzz!! :lol::lol::lol:

I dont know what colour to go for :? Im not aloud to paint it with cuprinol garden shades, it has to be a boring shed and fence preserve :roll:
You want to keep Dad on your side ;) so why not go for a rich, chestnut brown then funk it up with accessories based on your chosen theme :)

You want to keep Dad on your side ;) so why not go for a rich, chestnut brown then funk it up with accessories based on your chosen theme :)

This is a good idea.

You could maybe paint the main body in wood colour stain then get a small tin of the garden shades and paint the eaves, window frames etc in a coloured paint like green???

:wave: This is red cedar! The playhouse & fence.

347c5d98.jpg

a173dda0.jpg

And a close up

3f482e9c.jpg

I would like to change it,as its been this colour for 9 years :shock: but its gonna be many coats to cover I think. :roll:
One day!

Wow sugar lump, your set up is fab:D

You haven't seen anything yet..............that was Sugarlump's first house for bunnies, you should see her second attempt for her second family of rabbits. You will quite simply never have seen anything like it.

Not painted Red Cedar but it's nice just the same.

Rabbitdan, I agree with Luvabun - why not do it a nice darker brown which is less in your face and tart it up with accessories. I think that would work nicely. I have a few dark brown set ups and have just painted the insides to brighten them up. :)

I love your set up, and in a large garden like that it looks nice, but ours isnt huge, so i can see where hes coming from.

Its being squeezed into a corner behind the conservatory, so if its all painted that colour, it could end up looking a bit of an eye sore. Im aloud to paint it green and other dark browns and im also aloud to paint the pelmets and will make a frame for the door and windows eventually.

I finally got a name too..."Marley's Nook" :) Marley was the first bun and its literally in a nook! :lol:

Back