• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need to convince..!

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
I want a wendy house or shed with attached run for my rabbits one they have been bonded. It won't be for a while because Donny isn't old enough for his neutering yet and our vet said we need to keep Poppy inside for 10 days after her spaying :shock: I though maybe it was because she is older (4 next month).

I'm trying to convince my mom and dad because they don't seem to understand I can't keep them in the hutch Donny has. Yeah, it's big and everything but it's not enough to have 2 large bunnies in there... My dad said to get one of those 6ft ones from Ryedale or off Ebay but they're like £300 and sheds are only £100+. And my bf's dad has a stable barn FULL of wood; crates etc that I can permanently borrow for platforms;).. I'm not exactly rolling in it but I'd spend whatever I had to on my buns :D

Is there anyone who can give me any other excellent reasons why a wendy house or shed would be best to convince them because I'm nearly out of puff for it! ????

Also; (this shouldn't be in housing but I'll ask :) )
Donny is a chewer.. Total opposite to Poppy as she has never.. (Never had teeth problems)
Can I give him an empty tissue box full of hay or will the box be bad to chew? Same with a shoe box??

I have a kennel with attached covered run so the buns always have plenty of space to move around even when its raining and they have the choice of being in or out. I would not go back to a hutch.

Best thing I ever did was put my two buns in a shed. I had to put them in a shed over the winter as it was so bad and then this prompted me into thinking why not make a shed their home! They have loads of room, it is safer from foxes and the like, they don't have to be locked away in a tiny space all night, they have the whole shed to run about in. Have noticed they are much happier now they are in the shed than they were in the hutch and I had a big hutch and run but not as big as the shed. Also if the winter is as bad as it was this year I don't have to worry about them as we insulated the shed.

Here is my set up:

http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/jojenks1/

Shed was new and cost £179 but you could look in Ebay or Preloved or in the local paper and get one cheaper I expect. Or advertise on Freecycle website that you are looking for one.

I had to persuade my husband that it was the right thing to do! He got it eventually!!! ;) Parents are a bit hard to persuade!!!

Good luck!

Can I give him an empty tissue box full of hay or will the box be bad to chew? Same with a shoe box??

I used to give my two buns cardboard boxes with hay in, they would virtually eat all of the box and I don't think its good for them.

What I do now is fill a plastic tray (its a kitten litter tray from a pet shop) with hay and they just eat the hay. I give them willow sticks to chew and they have apple sticks too as a treat. You can buy willow sticks for a few pounds on the internet.

getting mine in a shed was the best thing i ever did. so much more room, easy for you to clean and you can go sit with you bunnies (i go read in there!)

i have an 8x4ft shed and we got it new for about £350 about 3 years ago. through the day i attatch a 7x4ft run to it, but lock them in on a night for their safety and my piece of mind! :)

ps; mine chew/play with boxes like that all the time...

What are their reasons for not allowing you a shed/playhouse? If it's for appearance, then inform them that a shed would look much nicer as you wouldn't need for it to be covered with tarpaulin or a hutch cover :D

If it's for height reasons, then a playhouse is not much taller than a hutch.

Thank you!
I'm going to let my mom read these and then she can tell my dad it's a great idea, because she hates how horrible the garden looks with the mix matched runs and things. Whereas a shed or wendy house would be on a piece of 'garden' next to the drive. It's actually stone but I have plans so the stones would be gone :) It WILL happen I'm going to make sure of it ^^ :D

I want a wendy house or shed with attached run for my rabbits one they have been bonded. It won't be for a while because Donny isn't old enough for his neutering yet and our vet said we need to keep Poppy inside for 10 days after her spaying :shock: I though maybe it was because she is older (4 next month).

I'm trying to convince my mom and dad because they don't seem to understand I can't keep them in the hutch Donny has. Yeah, it's big and everything but it's not enough to have 2 large bunnies in there... My dad said to get one of those 6ft ones from Ryedale or off Ebay but they're like £300 and sheds are only £100+. And my bf's dad has a stable barn FULL of wood; crates etc that I can permanently borrow for platforms;).. I'm not exactly rolling in it but I'd spend whatever I had to on my buns :D

Is there anyone who can give me any other excellent reasons why a wendy house or shed would be best to convince them because I'm nearly out of puff for it! ????

Also; (this shouldn't be in housing but I'll ask :) )
Donny is a chewer.. Total opposite to Poppy as she has never.. (Never had teeth problems)

A wendyhouse/shed would give them more indoor space for when the weather is bad. Depending on the one you are looking at it may work out cheaper than a hutch. It will be better for you when cleaning out especially if its raining. You are their daughter and a shed will make you happy ;)

Re the tissue box yes as long as there are no staples in. Hawthorn and apple branches also make good chew toys as long as they have nt been treated with any chemicals

Back