• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The plants/leaves in Ings hay?

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Got my second bag of Ings hay a couple of days ago and am pleased with it again, the buns always tuck into it and it smells lovely :D I am noticing there is a lot of leaves and a few plants in it, I know the owners wouldn't leave them in the hay if they were dangerous and I presume they are safe for the buns to eat, may even be better for them as it's what the wild buns would be eating from the fields. But just wanted to check that they are safe for them to eat? Does anyone know what leaves they are if they get the same? I think the odd plants are dandelions but not sure :oops:

Yeah, it has lots of seed heads, occasional dandelions, clover and some others. Should all be fine, but if at all concerned, sift through it on some tarpauline or something on the ground before dishing it out :)

Ok thanks :) I may take a picture of the leaves and ask what they are just to be fussy :oops:

Back