• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nearly 8 months on...... UD we have plums!

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
and still Bic and Biro haven't grown :shock::shock:

They still look about 12 weeks old and still no plums:?

Last edited:
Possibly un-descended Liz?

I dont know the history of these little guys, so just throwing it out there :wave:

Possibly un-descended Liz?

I dont know the history of these little guys, so just throwing it out there :wave:

Lymington babies, arrived at 2 weeks old, there mum was Berol who died of cancer when they were 6 weeks :(

I did wonder that. There is no hormonal behaviour at all. Would there be any with undecended testicles?

Lymington babies, arrived at 2 weeks old, there mum was Berol who died of cancer when they were 6 weeks :(

I did wonder that. There is no hormonal behaviour at all. Would there be any with undecended testicles?

Ah - sorry, you say Lymington and you need say no more.

i guess its possible? Or perhaps the stress/genetics due to bad-breeding has affected them similar to the way it affects/has affected other buns?

Ginger showed zero signs of hormones before her spay, yet her actual hormone levels are apparently a lot higher, even though she is spayed - but thats due to her being a genetic/physical mess inside.

So perhaps Bic/Biro are similar, in that way?

Would there be any with undecended testicles?

I'd of thought so as they'd still be producing hormones. That said though some of my buns never showed any hormonal behaviour, even bluebell who wasn't neutered till over a year old. Then I have maniacs like comet who started spraying at 10 weeks.

Ah - sorry, you say Lymington and you need say no more.

i guess its possible? Or perhaps the stress/genetics due to bad-breeding has affected them similar to the way it affects/has affected other buns?

Ginger showed zero signs of hormones before her spay, yet her actual hormone levels are apparently a lot higher, even though she is spayed - but thats due to her being a genetic/physical mess inside.

So perhaps Bic/Biro are similar, in that way?

I think they have genetic problems possibly liver. They have always been too small for blood tests. The plan was to take blood during castration but it seems that will be a long wait :?

I'd of thought so as they'd still be producing hormones. That said though some of my buns never showed any hormonal behaviour, even bluebell who wasn't neutered till over a year old. Then I have maniacs like comet who started spraying at 10 weeks.

I would have thought so too, but don't have experience of it :? They still act like little babies :love:

I think i'd be thinking they perhaps never developed properly internally, so perhaps havent developed the sex hormone/organs in the same way perhaps - very difficult to tell withuot putting them under for a GA, but that obviously has risks of its own :?

I think if testicles are undecended the animal will still generally show hormonal behaviour, it's a real problem with horses because they still act like stallions. Sorry to hear they aren't growing, but if they are happy that's great.

None of my foster litter showed any hormones (including Socks who had undescended testicles). I guess it depends on what the issue is (such as a metabolic issue- which could link to a liver issue, or like a hormonal issue or something) as to why you're not seeing testicles.

You know they are getting a good diet, which is obviously important. You know my three fosters started growing once they did, so that's a non issue for them. However, I have found that with Wish and Flame they have started growing again, despite being nearly a year, due to being on the protexin profibre pellets (between three rabbits, they get a large handful, twice a day). Not sure why (My vet thinks Wish has some sort of misformation inside which includes her liver), but its worked a treat. Just a thought :)

I was using the card with their picture the other day, and thought, 'they must be a lot bigger now.' Do they eat well and sem quite happy?

There appetite is a little too big for my liking and they are still drinking around 3 bowls of water a day :? They are not as lively as I would expect for such young buns, but I do get the odd binky. Overall they seem quite happy in themselves which is the main thing.

Will try to get pics when i have a little less to worry about

my first mini lop mitzi (whome was a boy) his testicles never decended until he was 14months old :shock: we laugh and say he changed sex overnight :lol:

my first mini lop mitzi (whome was a boy) his testicles never decended until he was 14months old :shock: we laugh and say he changed sex overnight :lol:

Wow, Elvis was 8 months and Maddox got to 7 months with no testicles before he went to the bridge :?

Sounds like there is time yet for him!

Well the hot weather has had the desired affect and Biro's plums have well and truly dropped :lol::lol:

They went for their myxi today but as Biro can now be castrated we left his vac and booked him in for Monday morning, but Biro has finally had her vaccination. Thats the 4th time we have attempted it but they have always been too small. She is however still too small to be neutered.

Bic will be blood tested while he is under to make sure all is working properly and there is no obvious underlying cause for their slow development.

Well the hot weather has had the desired affect and Biro's plums have well and truly dropped :lol::lol:

They went for their myxi today but as Biro can now be castrated we left his vac and booked him in for Monday morning, but Biro has finally had her vaccination. Thats the 4th time we have attempted it but they have always been too small. She is however still too small to be neutered.

Bic will be blood tested while he is under to make sure all is working properly and there is no obvious underlying cause for their slow development.

Yay furry teabags!!! :D

Back