• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Double or single?

carrots' patch

Alpha Buck
I am looking to replace one of my two storey outdoor hutches soon (this winter has just about done it in!). I notice that a lot of people on here have single storey hutches.

Would a 6 foot, deep single storey hutch be better than a two storey hutch?

One of my buns is 6 so getting on a bit but no signs of her slowing down etc - her hutch is not the one I am replacing but I can move her if need be.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I am looking to replace one of my two storey outdoor hutches soon (this winter has just about done it in!). I notice that a lot of people on here have single storey hutches.

Would a 6 foot, deep single storey hutch be better than a two storey hutch?

One of my buns is 6 so getting on a bit but no signs of her slowing down etc - her hutch is not the one I am replacing but I can move her if need be.

Any advice would be appreciated.

if the double story will be 6ft too then go with that.

i would recomend any hutch from 'the rabbit hutch shop' ive got a 6ft x 2ft hutch and run combo. very good quality. worth the money. very sturdy

Thanks guys. I have seen a few good quality 6 foot singles, not seen any two storey 6 footers.

Just wondered if my older bun would be better in a single should she develop mobility problems as she gets older.

Rhian - unfortunately I don't have room for a shed in my postage stamp garden! Plus the other rabbit would sulk if one had a lovely shed!

What about the single on amazon for £150 :wave:

Yes I think that is reasonable for the quality and around about what I was willing to pay. Thanks. :wave:

So the general opinion is that a 6 foot single is better than say a 5 foot double?

Last edited:
Back