• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet Recommendation Risca, Gwent

Victoria39

Mama Doe
A friend of mine is looking for a rabbit savvy vet, she lives near Risca in Gwent. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Has your friend got transport?

We live not too far from Risca but chose to travel to Quedgeley in Gloucester - probably about hour and a quarter from Risca depending which side your friend is.

I have been unable to find anyone nearly as good closer to home. In fact we nearly lost our lovely bun who had EC and head tilt as the vets we were using in Newport turned out to be not as rabbit savvy as we thought. (we still go there for our cats though). In fairness however they did refer us to Bristol but in the meantime I found Wood vets in Quedegeley and in particular Jason Burgess who is the most rabbit savvy vet I have ever met.

Jason has recommended 'Mark' at Valley Vets on Merthyr Road Cardiff as a vet closer to home should we be unable to get to Quedgeley, however I have used Valley vets before for a cockatiel and was never able to actually get an appointment with Mark!

We also tried two other local vets when Buttercup had EC however both were unable to help and suggested having her PTS!!

If your friend does find someone local I would be interested to hear more however I still feel our 7 are best served by Jason!

Best wishes
Ruth

Back