• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm Worried!!!

Isis

Mama Doe
I am going to Scotland this month, for just over a week. And my step mum will be looking after my boys.

I will be leaving her a "to-do list"... but I am worried that she doesn't follow the list and over feeds them, I have already had some comments from my parents that I don't feed them enough :shock:, because my dad's father (my granddad) use to breed rabbits :( My dad was saying how his father use to give them whole cabbages during the winter, to "fatten" them up!! Another comment from my dad, was rabbits don't need hay to eat!!!!!!!!!!

I have a continental giant, who is a lovely weight, a year this month (21st) and is very active, can my step mum do a lot of damage to him in just over a week? Or should I not worry about it, and just get the message to her, loud and clear, that he needs his hay?

I just don't want to come home, to two very fat unhealthy rabbit. Who have been living on whole cabbages, carrots, tones of pellets, apples, god knows what else, and no hay.

I don't know of anyone else that could look after them for me :(

Oh bless you, i would worry too. You can't beat looking after them yourself, thats for sure. If you buy a new bag of hay, you will be able to tell if your step mum has been giving them any, but how you get her to give them hay, I dont know sorry, Perhaps get her to sit with you infront of RU and read some Threads on hay.

I might print of a fact sheet for the importance of eating hay. And just ask her to read it in front of me before I go, and make sure she understands it. Also might ask my boyfriend to come round a couple of mornings and make sure they are okay and have got hay. Not sure what else to do though.

Back