• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Hutch Covers, Very Happy For My Buns :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gareth_mattey

Warren Scout
Received my new hutch covers and fitted them this morning, very happy with them and hopefully will keep my buns a extra bit warmer later in the year :) :)

205076_2001871885357_1200384009_32409313_3545377_n.jpg

196347_2001871445346_1200384009_32409312_1094893_n.jpg

The hutch covers are lovely!

Please don't think I'm having a go but your hutches are very small for the size of rabbits that I can see. Could you attach runs to them to give them more space?

Theres plenty of room for the smaller buns but the other one is on the smaller side, they have free run of the garden everyday for quite a lot of hours.

The first hutch in the picture is about 9ft long i think so not small but the other could do with a run for when im not around.

Will have a look around but only so much room in my garden, theyre better off than where they was previously anyway stuck in a tiny space.

They all look a bit too small in my opinion, they don't have room to binky and run about whenever they feel like it, however, I do love your hutch covers! did you get them off the guy off ebay c.a.b.j? They look the same as the ones I got off him

ETA I've just seen you say the first one is 9 foot long - sorry, it didn't look that big in the picture, they must be really wide paving slabs making it look alot smaller than it really is.

Last edited:
They all look a bit too small in my opinion, they don't have room to binky and run about whenever they feel like it, however, I do love your hutch covers! did you get them off the guy off ebay c.a.b.j? They look the same as the ones I got off him

ETA I've just seen you say the first one is 9 foot long - sorry, it didn't look that big in the picture, they must be really wide paving slabs making it look alot smaller than it really is.

It's so hard to give advice without sounding like a knowall isn't it? There is a lot I would like to say, to give advice to improve your setup, but I don't want to be accused of nastiness either :?

Yeah i got them off cabj, wasnt cheap 225 quid for both but worth it to keep them warm.

Yeah the pics probably a bit deceiving, the whole bottom bit they have to run around which is 9ft long and its only a dutch and dwarf lop, very tiny rabbits. They can hop about and stand up fine, plus run of the whole garden everyday.

Might move the other hutch to the other side of the garden and get a run for them, more room then and take up less space in the garden.

Might move the other hutch to the other side of the garden and get a run for them, more room then and take up less space in the garden.

That sounds like a good idea. I'm sure you are trying your best but the bigger the better in regards to space is always good.

Yeah im trying my best to give them a better life.

Just ive already spent about a grand on hutches, covers, injections, neutering and actually buying the rabbits.

Ive not got a endless supply of money, adding bit by bit and will get a run very soon for the other 2 in the double.

The first hutch in the picture is about 9ft long i think so not small but the other could do with a run for when im not around.

Will have a look around but only so much room in my garden, theyre better off than where they was previously anyway stuck in a tiny space.

#
sorry but that is not 9ft long!

couldnt care less what your fat dad says, dont come commenting on here saying that.

If your going to comment, at least comment with something thats of help or to suggest ideas for example.

couldnt care less what your fat dad says, dont come commenting on here saying that.

If your going to comment, at least comment with something thats of help or to suggest ideas for example.

u aint seen my dad have you?
you cant talk m8, u were swearing on a family forum! #

heres a suggestion - GO AWAY if ur gunna speak to people like that! and get new tape measure and get 2 6ft hutches with 6ft x 4ft runs attached!

well your a f*cking d*ckhead mate

You are not allowed to swear on this forum I'm afraid. It's a family forum.

The people who have criticised have only done so as they are concerned about your rabbits living in cramped conditions. Based on how big your rabbit looks in relation to the size of the accomodation in the one you are saying in 9ft the hutch appears to be no more than 4ft wide with 1.5 feet maximum either side. This could easily be fixed by attaching a 6ft x4ft run so your rabbits can have some space to hop around :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back