• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

buddy isn't well...

elis-mum

Mama Doe
he was pretty quiet last night but was washing and moving about and to be honest he is the 'quiet one' anyway.
but when i put them in just before bed and fed them he didn't eat which set alarm bells ringing.. he ALWAYS eats.

i hardly slept and kept going to check on him through the night. he was in the same place every time away from the girls and he squashed himself into a corner.
this morning he seemed to be breathing a bit fast, but he has sat up and i have seen him drinking but still not eating.
i have taken the day off work so i can get him to the vet first thing. :cry:

its the 3rd anniversary of my Eli's death today as well.

Oh no, poor Buddy, definatly sounds like tum issues :cry:

I hope the vetcan get him all better again :wave:

Oh and (((HUGS))) on the anniversary of Elis death xxxxxx

took him to the vets first thing. she said his tummy was a bit quiet but was making some digestive noises. his bladder was ok and she felt some poops in there.
his teeth and mouth seemed fine but she gave him some tummy stimulants and an antibiotic jab. i also got some bio lapis? to put in his water. i have to take him back tomorrow if he gets worse.

when i got home i picked some dandelion leaves which he ate. he is eating but very little and not often. he seems a bit livlier and is washing himself.

do i just wait and see? am i expecting too much too soon? :(

thankyou.. just fed them and he ran around a little bit and got excited although he didn't eat anything :(

i just gave him a srynge of the water with bio lapis in it, just for my piece of mind.

i hate this.. :cry:

yes she gave him a shot of pain relief, but not sure what it was. she said it should start working within half an hour or so.

he is brighter today (with a bit of a messy bum) but he is nibbling bits, mainly dandelion leaves and hay but as long as he is wanting to eat thats good. he isn't laid out or hunched up anymoe either. he is sat normally and moving about more.

Back