• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bales of hay - storage?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Are they okay in a big cardboard box, ontop of a hessian sack on top of one another? I haven't got anything other than that to raise them off the ground yet.

Also where can i get a storage cupboard farm hay bale size (rectangle).

In my experience they are best with air circulating as much as possible. Stacking isn't so much a problem but I wouldn't cover them. Couple of stacked bales on a pallet would be my suggestion.

In my experience they are best with air circulating as much as possible. Stacking isn't so much a problem but I wouldn't cover them. Couple of stacked bales on a pallet would be my suggestion.

They aren't covered- just on those allen and page sacks as i don't have anything to lift them yet. Do you think they will be okay for a couple of days until i get something sorted out?

They aren't covered- just on those allen and page sacks as i don't have anything to lift them yet. Do you think they will be okay for a couple of days until i get something sorted out?

If they are indoors/shed/garage then sure a week even they will be fine :wave:

Best just held up off the ground a little in any way you can, some planks of wood, old broom handles anything just to give a small clearance for air circulation.

Cover if there is any risk of a leaky roof and stack away from the walls ie not touching.

Back