• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bella needs lots of vibes guys xx UPDATE 1.4.11 :0(

shell1805

Mama Doe
:cry: bella's eye was getting so much better, get home tonight and it is swollen with gunk. her eye is constantly streaming and wet. the first vet put her on fucithelmic eye drops and the second vet changed them to gentamycin eye drops which im now thinking she is allergic to. my bubba was doing so well and to see her in this state is bringing me to tears :cry:

emergency appointment at the vets tomorrow morning and i have ceased using the drops.

please send my bubba vibes, she really needs them right now :cry:

Last edited:
my poor bubba :cry:

ontop of the ulceration in her eye she now has conjunctivitus.

she is on baytril twice day, metacam once a day and gentamycin eye drops three time a day :(

she has also gone off her food, barely grazing and now im freaking out about this :cry:

she is so unhappy and i feel like i am failing her :cry:

you can't help her allergy to what the vet gave her. you're doing everything you can to help her get well again. hugs xxx

you can't help her allergy to what the vet gave her. you're doing everything you can to help her get well again. hugs xxx

apparently it wasnt an allergy, its the added conjunctivitus tht caused the swelling and puss :(

i missed a whole evening of eye drops because i thought they were making her worse :( what if i cause her to get worse.... :cry:

Poor Bella ... and poor you.:( Please don't blame yourself - you've always been acting with her best interests at heart. Try not to let her see you are upset, as bunnies are so sensitive they pick up on these things. Hope she starts eating soon. Is she even off her favourites?

Poor Bella ... and poor you.:( Please don't blame yourself - you've always been acting with her best interests at heart. Try not to let her see you are upset, as bunnies are so sensitive they pick up on these things. Hope she starts eating soon. Is she even off her favourites?

:oops: ive loaded her bowl with all of her favourites, i dont care what it is as long as she eats something.... just tip toed in and she is nibbling slowly but stopped when she saw me :cry:

im trying to stay calm around her but its hard as i just want to cuddle her and cry :cry:

what am i doing wrong??? :(

Oh ((((((((((((((((((((((((big hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) you are not doing anything wrong. Its good she is eating something. If you are really worried maybe go back to the vet or just call them for more advice and to put your mind at rest. x

:cry: shes been back to the vets pretty much every 3 days since last week and the vet seemed to question why i brought her in today. she is due to be seen on monday but i didnt want to leave it over the weekend :(
when i said i thought she was allergic to the eye drops the vet just smiled and said that would not be the case :cry:

how would i know that :cry:

Back