• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More Milly pics

lousilverfox

Mama Doe
Again not the clearest of photos

milly001.jpg

milly002.jpg

Awww she is lovely! Had a quick look at your previous posts and can see you are really trying to do the best for her! Fabulous! I hope you won't mind me saying that I think she looks a little on the heavy side... as I guide I feed about an egg cup of pellets (Science Selective) once a day and another feed of small bowl of veg (spring greens, broccoli, herbs, small amount of carrot) in the evening. The rest of their diet is made up of hay which I replenish 2-3 times a day.

With an overweight bunny I would reduce this slowly until the weight came off and probably cut out the carrots for a while as they are sugar heavy.

Hope you don't mind my input :wave:

Awww she is lovely! Had a quick look at your previous posts and can see you are really trying to do the best for her! Fabulous! I hope you won't mind me saying that I think she looks a little on the heavy side... as I guide I feed about an egg cup of pellets (Science Selective) once a day and another feed of small bowl of veg (spring greens, broccoli, herbs, small amount of carrot) in the evening. The rest of their diet is made up of hay which I replenish 2-3 times a day.

With an overweight bunny I would reduce this slowly until the weight came off and probably cut out the carrots for a while as they are sugar heavy.

I was thinking the same. I don't want you to be put off by weight comments, but she does like a little overweight and could do with a slight diet change.
I have a couple of heavy buns on diets at the mo, it's going pretty well :) I try to encourage them to eat more hay then anything else, small amount of pellets in the morning and a handful or two of various leafy greens in the evening.

Thanks for the advice :D

Yeah im aware that she is rather chubby to put it mildly, have had her a week now, and at first i did give her carrots (lack of knowlege on my behalf) but now she gets a very small handfull (i have wee hands) of pellets and lots of fresh hay every day.

Trying to get her to roam about the livingroom as much as possible to give her loads of exercise but shes still very shy so sometimes she just doesnt want to come out to play from her house.

Will take time i guess xx:)

Hi again, glad you didnt mind the comment :wave: I wouldn't cut them out completely, just reduce them down. Bunnies are creatures of habit and don't like change! :lol: I think its early days and I'm sure in time she will slim down with what you are doing. Its best to do it slowly. You seem to be quite in tune with her and doing whats best, which is lovely to hear. x

as I guide I feed about an egg cup of pellets (Science Selective) once a day and ano

Oh no is it once a day. I have been doing it twice a day. :oops:

Still Sunshine has managed to lose half a kilo in about 6 weeks. Before it was bowls full of muesli.

Back