• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet visit

FarplaceRescue

Alpha Buck
The Vet came today to vaccinate 15 rabbits and 5 cats. The rabbits had their VHD vacc. We tend to do ths one first, and the Myxi 2nd. This is because we have had a couple of cases of VHD over the last 10 years, but no myxi (although we do have myxi in the wild rabbit population).
One of the new rabbits has wonky teeth. Not too bad at the moment but will need watching. When we get her spayed, I will ask the vet to have a better look and sort them. She also has a slight blocked tear duct, which might need flushing at the same time.
4 of the 5 cats were vaccinated. Pumpkin-Cat is half siamese and a bit of a drama queen. I have had her 3 days, and so far she has not eaten anything. She's drinking water. not excessively.
Vet checked her temperature, and it's normal. She suggests covering her cage with a blanket to help calm her down and giving her another day or two to calm down enough to eat. She's getting fresh food twice a day.... dried complete, meat and sardines. If she's not eating by Saturday, shes going back to the vets.
This evening we took in another rescue - a stray from a local town. Fortunately, she has a microchip, so we should be able to trace her owners.

Crikey, and I thought I had a busy day looking after foster buns and having one boy neutered! Compared to that I feel lazy now. :lol::lol::lol:

Not quite as busy as you, but we had Corrie the collie and Donald the cat at the vet yesterday, Deli the dalmation for her acupuncture and 4 guinea pigs for mite treatment and I also got meds to inject Charlie the goat because he has diarrhoea. Another 3 guineas are for treatment tomorrow ( only 2 are showing signs). On Monday Lady the collie is in for a dental and a chest x-ray.

For your stressy cat, zylkene may be worth a go, we have one and are trying it on her- I think it is helping, but I know lote of people who swear by it.

Back