• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

6 new bunnies in rescue *new pics post 26*

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
We had a spare hutch in foster care so today I went to collect 'a single rabbit'. I got to the property and the lady said she had 5 other rabbits. Firstly she bought 2 down from upstairs. They were mean't to be a pair but as soon as she put the down on the sofa they started attacking each other :? She then went on to say they only went together a few days ago and she normally rotates the rabbits round in different pairs every few weeks :shock: I picked the one bunny up and the lady said, 'oh that one has sore feet', i turned her over and she has the most sore feet i have ever seen :cry: poor poor girl. I put them in my basket and the lady took me out the back to see the others.

Well.... 3 2ft hutches. 1 double. 1 single with the mesh side facing the wall so no light is getting in. She pulled the one out and there were these 3 bunnies staring at me :cry: No hay, straw, sawdust just a wooden hutch floor with puddles of wee gathering leaking through to the cage underneath :cry:

Needless to say all 6 bunnies came home with me.

Bessie underneath
Bunny-Bessie1.jpg

Me and Vicky had to bath Bessie and Bruce as they were sopping with wee :(

Bessie
bessie.jpg

Bunny-Bessie.jpg

Bruce
BruceandBessie.jpg

Barnaby
Barnaby.jpg

Girly with no name yet
Greybunny.jpg

and then Vicky (x-vic-x) has the dutch lop girly who has the very sore feet, and an agouti girl.

All 6 buns are off to the vets tomorrow for health checks and vaccs if they are well enough :(

Last edited:
well done you for taking them all..they must feel better already
They are all lovely and if you are sticking with Bs for names how about Belle for the last girl:D ( we've had a Bessie in recently too!)

I am truly shocked by those pics ... such lovely bunnies too. So glad they are in safe hands now.

aww poor things :cry: Thank goodness they are with you now! :) Where are they staying if you only had one hutch?

Well, the pair are in the 6ft hutch which was already and waiting for a bun, we have 2 singles in 5ft hutches which are normally piggy hutches but we have very few piggies in at the moment, and then the other 2 went to Vicky who luckily has some bunnies reserved to go the weekend so they will soon be in 6ft hutches. They are all in much better accommodation than they were before and at least they are now getting the basics, water and hay :)

well done you for taking them all..they must feel better already
They are all lovely and if you are sticking with Bs for names how about Belle for the last girl:D ( we've had a Bessie in recently too!)

Thank you Jill. Belle is a pretty name! :love: Watch this space ;) She'll soon be Belle! x

:cry::cry::cry:
Bessie makes me think of my Esme (whose nickname is BEssie). It breaks my heart to think of someone with her spirit living in conditions like that :cry::cry:

Thank god they are safe now :love::love::love:

They are all beautiful and wow I bet they don't know what's hit them landing on their paws with you and lots of lovely hay.

Looking forward to progress reports.

Well done for helping these poor bunnies, it beggars belief how some people treat their rabbits, I am sure that they are feeling must better now

Poor bunnies :( They're all so beautiful. Well done for getting them out of there. She rotates the pairings?! What?! :shock:

Poor little buns - I'm so pleased that you were there to help.

Hope to read of their progress, they must think they are in heaven already

Best wishes

Ruth xx

Back