• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vaccination boosters, would being one day late after she is due matter?

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
I got a letter from the vets to say Beano is due to be vaccinated on the 4th April. It's for her myxi booster. Up until now I have been thinking that the 4th of April is a week on Monday, now I've realised it is this Monday coming :oops: I was going to get her an appointment next week but now I know that it's this Monday I asked my dad if I could get her an appointment for Monday but he tells me he's staying at work to play badmington until 6:30. So I asked to take her on tomorrow then, we can usually get an appointment the day we ring but my dad says Friday's we're too busy because my mum works late/go to my grandmas/shopping. :( It would be Tuesday then, would this be risky for her? Would her immunity run out exactly on monday? (She is done every 6 months). If it does I couldn't leave her like she'd be unvaccinated for a day but I may be over worrying. Would the Tuesday be ok? :(

My boys were a week late as I got my dates confused :oops:

It's life 'use by' dates on yoghurts - they don't run out at midnight on a certain date :)

Thanks, not worrying so much now :) Will make an appointment for Tuesday. I know when she was young she wasn't vaccinated and that was the height of myxi being around but now I am more aware I worry

My vet tells me the vaccinations slowly becomes less and less effective over time, one day will really make no difference in my opinion!!

My vet tells me the vaccinations slowly becomes less and less effective over time, one day will really make no difference in my opinion!!

Yep, our vet said the same thing - he actually said it wasn't a problem to go over by a couple of weeks - this was his response to my panic when our Buttercup was recovering from EC / head tilt and was due her myxi vaccination. I trust this vet 100% as he is very rabbit savvy and used by a few others on here too.

Good luck for a smooth trip there and back when you get the appointment :wave:

Back