• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

possible fight

milly100

Alpha Buck
I came in from work tonight and found that Charlie had once again escaped and managed to get in with Snowy and Dusty. By the looks of it a fight has broken out. im guessing it was between the 2 males as bits if Dustys fur is lying around. (Charlie isn't neutered yet). Charlie seems perfectly fine but Dusty is very quite and was just lying down when I found them. he has had his pellets and veg so Im just hoping that he is in a bit of shock. He has got a little mark on his ear and his eye looks a bit red. Hopefully by tomorrow he will be back to his normal self.

If his eye looks red I would be mindful of the fact that he *might* have sustained a scratch to his cornea. This can cause a corneal ulcer. If his eye is still looking red in the morning then I'd get him to the Vet as untreated corneal abrasions can develop into a serious problem.

Have you checked ALL Rabbits over, especially around their genitals. Fighting Bucks can cause very nasty injuries in that area.

Finally, I'd give everyBun another thorough check over in the morning. A small puncture wound is easy to miss when 'fresh' but will harden up after a few hours and become much more obvious. Again if any wounds are found then a Vet consult is definitely needed. Puncture wounds in particular can readily abscessate and Rabbit abscesses can be a nightmare to resolve.

I hope that all the Buns will be OK xx

I would do as Jane says and check over all bunnies thoroughly, they can have deep bites that are hard to find and develop into nasty abcess' x

Good news. Everybun somes fine this morning. Dustys eye is no longer red and they all seem back to their normal self. I have checked them all over and there doesn't seem to be any wounds at all.

Back